For Trump Voters, What First Got Your Attention

Hagar

I was thinking back yesterday at what was the first thing that made me look at Trump as someone other than a rich, brash, Yankee businessman, who just threw his hat in the ring as a lark.  As I remember, it was his disregard for political correctness, especially in front of the major national medias.  I've had about all of this PC nonsense I can stand.  And here's Trump totally disregarding it.  I have to say, that got my attention.  Still didn't vote for him in the primary, nor thrilled he got the nomination, but that was a big plus in my book.

Just curious what might have impressed other Conservatives to take him seriously.

14 hours ago, REBgp said:

I was thinking back yesterday at what was the first thing that made me look at Trump as someone other than a rich, brash, Yankee businessman, who just threw his hat in the ring as a lark.  As I remember, it was his disregard for political correctness, especially in front of the major national medias.  I've had about all of this PC nonsense I can stand.  And here's Trump totally disregarding it.  I have to say, that got my attention.  Still didn't vote for him in the primary, nor thrilled he got the nomination, but that was a big plus in my book.

Just curious what might have impressed other Conservatives to take him seriously.

That's what impressed me too REB. PC should go out the window. It's the main cause of the wussification of America.

On 11/10/2016 at 5:19 AM, REBgp said:

So you like the fact that he is insane. He might "come up missing" if he talks to foreign leaders that way. No one likes a bully.

I think the thing that everyone liked, who eventually voted for Trump, was his thumbing his nose at the D.C. establishment. At one point, it looked like he was on a deserted island. Now look where he is. He dealt himself a hand and bluffed his way to the top. People are tired of politicians and voted for a man who is not one. It's why I voted for Ross Perot.

6 hours ago, Big girl said:

Well, damn. You told him.

Yep, he told me...that he would willingly give up more of his income if clinton was elected.

Hoops, feel free to voluntarily send more of you income in, even though Trump was elected...put your money where you mouth is, so to speak.

As with most liberals, I doubt that will happen.