More phony BS about racism/bigotry

stevenash

I've heard about a few of these incidents, and for the most part they sounded unbelievable, like something that had been made up to justify the hatred of trump and trump voters.  This incident in particular rubbed the wrong way and sounded false.  I'm glad to know that they figured out the truth, and also that she's been charged for her lies.

I am having the time of my life. I enjoy watching the peaceful protests. I don't agree with the people who resort to violence. Those college students are freaking amazing. I wonder if they are sleeping or going to class. They had a small protest on the campus of Baylor University. My son participated. I am so proud.

26 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I am having the time of my life. I enjoy watching the peaceful protests. I don't agree with the people who resort to violence. Those college students are freaking amazing. I wonder if they are sleeping or going to class. They had a small protest on the campus of Baylor University. My son participated. I am so proud.

I would hope going to class so they can learn and be a productive citizen.

30 minutes ago, Big girl said:

What exactly was your son protesting?  Not getting his way in a democratic election?  

I'm just wondering if he was wronged or treated unfairly by our democratic system or he's just pitching a fit.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

I would feel proud if my son stayed in class and let the idiots do their thing.

29 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Great answer!  I get it now.  They have no idea why they are protesting, just following like sheep.  

It seems obvious to me but I am sure not to the opposition that they have little or no clue what they are protesting except "our side lost". 

Most probably can't tell you what the electoral college is (they probably think they are playing them this week in an away game), can name any three of the founding fathers, can even explain what the term means, etc. BUT... they know they lost the election. 

The good thing about rights is that you do not have to pass an intelligence or knowledge test in order to use them. 

When I was younger (in my 20s) I overheard some older guys talking about their desire to institute a required 2 year military boot camp for everyone 18-20 or right after High School graduation. I thought it was un-American and a terrible idea at the time. After watching the presidential run this last year and a half and seeing these protests, I am now convinced that they where spot on. I think the military boot camp should be coupled with Civics classes that teach these kids an in-depth history of the United States Of America and the Constitution (but reframe from using Blue Dove and new tobie's history books). One of the biggest problems with this idea is how to keep the Liberal/Progressives from infiltrating and indoctrinating these kids like what is currently being done on many college campuses.