Democrats Scorn Christianity

Hagar

This is an interesting one REBgp.  I'm a Christian.  My family has deep roots in the Protestant church (generations of ministers).  I take great issue with how our country will go out of its way to protect the beliefs of any other faith other than Christianity.  You can pretty much bash Christians all day but hands off any other faith.  This issue has deep roots in our country because unfortunately we have the intermingling of social issues with faith.  If you're Christian and a minority in the Northeast or West Coast (probably much of the South too) you're probably a Democrat.  In terms of minorities they may be Democrat because of their belief in Dems commitment to social issues.  This would trump their issue as Christains with abortion for instance. Conversely, if you're an anglo-caucasian  Protestant you're most likely Republican.  We also have the Southern caucasion evangelicals that are an important part of the base of the Republican Party.  Then there's Northeastern Catholics who I believe lean toward Democrat.   I believe this is tied to Italian and Irish that were pro-union, thus Democrat.  It's a messy thing that has other forces at play.  

5 hours ago, Remmus said:

This is an interesting one REBgp.  I'm a Christian.  My family has deep roots in the Protestant church (generations of ministers).  I take great issue with how our country will go out of its way to protect the beliefs of any other faith other than Christianity.  You can pretty much bash Christians all day but hands off any other faith.  This issue has deep roots in our country because unfortunately we have the intermingling of social issues with faith.  If you're Christian and a minority in the Northeast or West Coast (probably much of the South too) you're probably a Democrat.  In terms of minorities they may be Democrat because of their belief in Dems commitment to social issues.  This would trump their issue as Christains with abortion for instance. Conversely, if you're an anglo-caucasian  Protestant you're most likely Republican.  We also have the Southern caucasion evangelicals that are an important part of the base of the Republican Party.  Then there's Northeastern Catholics who I believe lean toward Democrat.   I believe this is tied to Italian and Irish that were pro-union, thus Democrat.  It's a messy thing that has other forces at play.  

I bow to your experience in the Northeast, and your explanations of who is what, and why, sound logical to me - except (the dreaded counterpoint) - Even though I agree with your point, I have a hard time with folks putting social issues ahead of their Christian beliefs, especially abortion, but it happens.  Have several friends I go to Church with who vote Democrat.  Cest la vie.

12 hours ago, REBgp said:

I bow to your experience in the Northeast, and your explanations of who is what, and why, sound logical to me - except (the dreaded counterpoint) - Even though I agree with your point, I have a hard time with folks putting social issues ahead of their Christian beliefs, especially abortion, but it happens.  Have several friends I go to Church with who vote Democrat.  Cest la vie.

I agree.