B-2 bombers kill nearly 100 ISIS terrorists in Libya

LumRaiderFan

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Lol, no, anytime, anywhere.  Those guys are the scum of the earth.

When the U.S. wanted to upgrade their bomber fleet, the B52 was still capable of performing all the missions needed, so they simply upgraded the electronics and delivery systems, but left the design untouched. The B52 is considered the Cadillac.

On January 20, 2017 at 7:20 AM, baddog said:

When the U.S. wanted to upgrade their bomber fleet, the B52 was still capable of performing all the missions needed, so they simply upgraded the electronics and delivery systems, but left the design untouched. The B52 is considered the Cadillac.

Amazing that those B-52's are about 60 years old, and still are feared by the enemy.  Prior to D-Day of Desert Storm, they saturated the Iraqi Army that was dug in waiting for our attack.  My son's Marine unit on the border waiting.  He said they were carpet bombing and the ground was shaking.  It was scary where they were.  He wasn't surprised when, during the invasion, many Iraqi troops came out with their hands up (don't shoot lol).  He said they looked like they were in shock.  Can't imagine what it must have been like for them, but it took the fight out of most.

12 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Amazing that those B-52's are about 60 years old, and still are feared by the enemy.  Prior to D-Day of Desert Storm, they saturated the Iraqi Army that was dug in waiting for our attack.  My son's Marine unit on the border waiting.  He said they were carpet bombing and the ground was shaking.  It was scary where they were.  He wasn't surprised when, during the invasion, many Iraqi troops came out with their hands up (don't shoot lol).  He said they looked like they were in shock.  Can't imagine what it must have been like for them, but it took the fight out of most.

A white flag is standard military issue in Iraq.

I don't see why we have to mothball the B52. Its a stalwart and is already paid for. Plus the altitudes it can achieve, no need for stealth, correct?

2 hours ago, baddog said:

A white flag is standard military issue in Iraq.

I don't see why we have to mothball the B52. Its a stalwart and is already paid for. Plus the altitudes it can achieve, no need for stealth, correct?

I don't think it could reach an altitude of safety from today's missiles, but still, it's like seeing a Hank Aarron or Babe Ruth retire.

To my knowledge, the only plane we had impervious to missiles is the SR-71 Blackbird, which could fly higher and faster than any missile (and now in mothballs).  Although many missiles were fired at it, not one plane was ever hit.  And though first built in the early 60's, still holds the record as the fastest airplane ever built (that we know of).