Turkey.....

baddog

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

That is why you bring those young children here.  So you can influence them.  Those children are like blank slates.  You either influence them or the jihadists will.  It's that simple.  Besides there are thousands of good, law abiding, peaceful muslims and middle easterners in this country.  Many of them are highly educated: Doctors, doctors, more doctors, engineers, lawyers, entrepreneurs, teachers.  What modicum of knowledge I have about advanced algebra and trig, and it is not that much, I could not have learned were it not for middle eastern tutors and teachers helping me out in remedial classes.

So why not leave their best and brightest in place to influence their own country...aren't we doing them a disservice by pulling their best here?

The left is always claiming that the US is very unfair to the rest of the world...isn't stealing the best from all nations the epitome of unfair?

15 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:
17 hours ago, Kountzer said:

So why not leave their best and brightest in place to influence their own country...aren't we doing them a disservice by pulling their best here?

There is probably no way to estimate how much this country has benefited from the intelligence and brain power of ethnic minorities from the 10 40 window.  They have probably contributed to every high tech innovation from the past 50 years.