Silsbee district winning streak

Since the very first post claiming that Silsbee would go undefeated in district for the next 5-6 years, two unexpected things has happened. Since then Silsbee has lost to HJ at home and then lost a game this year in district (; .  It's only been 3 years since that first post was made, and the streak has already been broken twice. I will be the first to make the next prediction that Silsbee will not lose a district game for the next 4 years, but like many warned 3 years ago, we should caution ourselves when making predictions on 15-18 year old kids. 

All jokes aside I wish the very best to Silsbee this year and truly hope they can bring it all home. They have the talent no doubt, just need to stay focussed on the task at hand. Good luck tigers!

10 minutes ago, undiscovered said:

Since the very first post claiming that Silsbee would go undefeated in district for the next 5-6 years, two unexpected things has happened. Since then Silsbee has lost to HJ at home and then lost a game this year in district (; .  It's only been 3 years since that first post was made, and the streak has already been broken twice. I will be the first to make the next prediction that Silsbee will not lose a district game for the next 4 years, but like many warned 3 years ago, we should caution ourselves when making predictions on 15-18 year old kids. 

All jokes aside I wish the very best to Silsbee this year and truly hope they can bring it all home. They have the talent no doubt, just need to stay focussed on the task at hand. Good luck tigers!

I think I was the one that claimed this. My claim was starting with the 2015-2016 season, Silsbee would not lose a district game for 5 years. I don't think they lost a district game the last two years? When was that HJ loss at home? 

2 minutes ago, undiscovered said:

If you don't count the forfeit (; but yes nobody in that district will have a win over Silsbee, even if Silsbee has a loss for non-basketball related reasons.

I even think my exact words were... no one in silsbee's district will beat them the next 5 years lol. So I would still be on track so far. I also said they would have at least two state championships within the 5 year period. Hopefully this year is the 1st

3 minutes ago, bradyb said:

I even think my exact words were... no one in silsbee's district will beat them the next 5 years lol. So I would still be on track so far. I also said they would have at least two state championships within the 5 year period. Hopefully this year is the 1st

I guess you're right then, & I hope so as well!