1. NHSBulldogFan

NHSBulldogFan

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• That’s kinda over-simplifying matters.    Are you talking about local politics or the platforms of the DNC/RNC? They’re two completely different scenarios.    To be frank, a politician couldn’t get elected in Hardin County as a Republican… until 2010-2011 when the locals all switched to the R Party.    I think that the truest example of a Democrat is the late George Wallace, Governor of Alabama. He ran in 1958 against a staunch segregationist and lost big time. Both Dems, btw. He came back in 1962 as a hardcore opponent of integration and won handily, becoming the racist spokesperson for a South that wanted to remain segregated. By 1982 he won his last term as Governor of alabama, still as a democrat, but carrying over 90% of the black vote.    Who switched? Was it the party? The politicians? The people? All of the above, in all different directions and over a period of about 60 years.   The problem with arguments about switching is that there are no constants.  We all know that guy…. southern accent, white-headed flat top haircut, short sleeve western shirt with those old wrangler double-knit pants. He probably held public office all over the south, and he had some really crazy ideas about race…. Might not have been in the Klan, but knew a bunch of people who were or had been. And he voted 100% Democrat.     We can all say “yeah, and he became a Republican after the civil rights act was passed!” And we’d be wrong.  The truth is that those old ideals and ways of thinking pretty much died off.    The truth of the matter is that the civil rights act passed the senate with a 71-29 vote majority.  But it’s interesting to point out that the 71 “yes” votes were actually 27 Republicans and 44 Democrats voting “for” the civil rights act, with 6 Republicans and 21 Democrats voting against the Civil Rights Act.  So which party was in favor and which one opposed?   And now 60 years later, with an ideological split in America, both sides are trying to claim moral superiority and cast blame over history that, to be frank, we don’t understand.    But to be honest, the Democrat party of 2024 is not what it was… and neither is the Republican. Just because things are so black-and -white today doesn’t mean that they always have been. 
    • We wont win the series, but it would be nice to get a win today before heading to Baltimore. 
    • Like who?  Do you have any names of actual applicants? Asking because I have not seen a list of applicants. 
    • I worked with a grown man with ADHD. He was on Ritalin. He was very sharp and knowledgeable. If for some reason he did not take his meds, you didn’t want to be around him at all. Very short fuse and mad at the world. He did not, however, walk around in a fog when not medicated.   But girl says stutter, I say stammer. They’re supposed to be almost identical. I say a stutter is Porky Pig or Mel Tillis….. difficulty getting the words off of your tongue. A stammer, like Biden,  the words disappear and are filled in with “aw forget it”. Maybe Biden should sing everything like Tillis.  
    • Just keep winning. Streaks like this make things happen. Can’t always count on the other guy, though. 
  • Topics