First gllmpse

stevenash

23 minutes ago, stevenash said:

This is the hidden content, please

They can call it anything they want, and deny all they want, but to me this is still just Obamacare Lite. At least it gets rid of the mandates, but the taxpayer is still on the hook for a large sum of "subsidies" in the form of tax credits. Rand Paul has a much better plan, namely it get's the government out of healthcare for the majority of people. The really sick or very poor get placed into Medicaid. The majority of people who can't get healthcare through their employers get to join a consortium of sorts in which a representative can bargain just like large companies.

When watching Tucker Carlson Tonight earlier, Trace Gallagher (who I like) made one of the most comical statements imaginable. When reporting on the new Congressional House plan on healthcare, Trace said "We don't know how much it will cost because the Congressional Budget Office hasn't scored it yet". I had to laugh. Does anyone believe we will have one iota of better understanding of the cost once the CBO has scored it. This is the same office that said Obamacare would save the average family $2500.00, and would cut the deficit by $120 billion. This is almost equivocal to saying "we don't know how many weeks of winter we have left because the groundhog hasn't come out of his hole yet". But if I had to rely on one or the other's methodology, I'm going with the groundhog. I would rather flip a coin than rely on either. I'm just in total shock that anyone would even mention the CBO when suggesting the cost of any proposal. Maybe Trace was auditioning for "The Onion".

58 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Like it, love it, hate it, doesn't matter.  Once out of the bottle, you'll never get it back in.  Thanks to the Democrats (and those that wish the downfall of America), the Ship of State shall forevermore sail with this anchor impeding our progress, in some shape, form, or fashion.

This is why I'm still whole-heartedly for secession.

2 minutes ago, Englebert said:

This is why I'm still whole-heartedly for secession.

Me too!  Sadly, not that many willing to sacrifice for it.  But it's fun to visualize how crowded I-10 would be on the east bound side around here, with all the freeloaders heading out.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Like it, love it, hate it, doesn't matter.  Once out of the bottle, you'll never get it back in.  Thanks to the Democrats (and those that wish the downfall of America), the Ship of State shall forevermore sail with this anchor impeding our progress, in some shape, form, or fashion.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan 

24 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan 

Old Ronald was right again.