United flight

westend1

12 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

What United did basically gave me another reason why I prefer to fly Southwest.

Couldn't agree more. I flew Southwest every week or 2 for the better part of 4 years and they aren't perfect, but I have nothing negative to say about them over that strech. Of course I was delayed on a few occasions, but that is to be expected with any airline. On the other hand, I've personally only flown United twice, but both times I had a negative experience and the guest services staff was absolutely horrible. As far as my money is concerned, I will choose Southwest or Delta.

Okay, this is from a close college friend of mine who retired from the USAF and now flies commercially.  He has a connection from the flight and in question and received the following via text.  He says he trusts the source completely.  I tried to post the actual text but I couldn't figure out how to resize the photo so it would post:

Here's the rest of the story… And it's a good one. Being a Republic employee I'd rather not post it publicly. United solicited volunteers. The "Dr" and his wife willingly got off the plane and was booked a hotel and flight the next day. They then decided they could not wait until the next day and ran back on the plane. They asked them to deplane several times. When he refused they called the airport police Who again asked them to deplane several times. The Dr then spit on the officer and also swung to hit the officer. Then the Videos start rolling. His 2 Front teeth were knocked out by the armrest during the struggle. He then played as if he was dying having his wife filming him the whole time while off the AC. He then jumps up and runs back on the plane and hangs onto the FA galley curtain claiming he is ready to die and also runs to the back of the plane. Blood gets on the plane so they have to deplane the AC to clean the blood.

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Okay, this is from a close college friend of mine who retired from the USAF and now flies commercially.  He has a connection from the flight and in question and received the following via text.  He says he trusts the source completely.  I tried to post the actual text but I couldn't figure out how to resize the photo so it would post:

Here's the rest of the story… And it's a good one. Being a Republic employee I'd rather not post it publicly. United solicited volunteers. The "Dr" and his wife willingly got off the plane and was booked a hotel and flight the next day. They then decided they could not wait until the next day and ran back on the plane. They asked them to deplane several times. When he refused they called the airport police Who again asked them to deplane several times. The Dr then spit on the officer and also swung to hit the officer. Then the Videos start rolling. His 2 Front teeth were knocked out by the armrest during the struggle. He then played as if he was dying having his wife filming him the whole time while off the AC. He then jumps up and runs back on the plane and hangs onto the FA galley curtain claiming he is ready to die and also runs to the back of the plane. Blood gets on the plane so they have to deplane the AC to clean the blood.

If this is in fact the case I hope they can prove it. Considering the hit they've already taken you'd think that United would release some sort of statement to this effect if this is how it actually happened 

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

If this is in fact the case I hope they can prove it. Considering the hit they've already taken you'd think that United would release some sort of statement to this effect if this is how it actually happened 

I agree.  I have no idea who the person is who sent him this.  He just said it was someone he trusts.  I also find it odd all the surrounding passengers seemed so supportive of him.  If he had been behaving this way, you would think some of them would have spoken up.  

On April 13, 2017 at 8:11 PM, TxHoops said:

Bingo.  The cheap bastards really deserve what they are getting.  How much cheaper would a couple grand in vouchers and a couple of free flights to Hawaii have been vs what they are going through now?  Greed can be crippling, which is what is dripping all over this story.  

Btw, it's great to see you browsing the Dark Side of the Forum again.

(said lil Johnny lol)

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

It will still be cheaper for united to write the guy a check for a few mil and have him go away.  Even though they could win in court, it would still cost them in the long run. 

21 hours ago, texanabroad said:

I don't understand how any of this is relevant. What difference does it make what his profession was or his past history? What if he were a school teacher or garbage collector? It really doesn't matter. United screwed up and should have NEVER used force to remove him. They should have kept increasing their offer until he or someone else accepted it. Had they been on the ball and not allowed him to board to begin with, there would never had been a story. They were incompetent and they are paying for it, and it will cost way more than $800.

It's not relevant to this...I just wondered why this guy acted like an idiot and made them drag him off the plane.  

Turns out he acted like an idiot because apparently he is one.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

It's not relevant to this...I just wondered why this guy acted like an idiot and made them drag him off the plane.  

Turns out he acted like an idiot because apparently he is one.

Wouldn't be surprised if he saw an opportunity to put himself in a situation where he could file a lawsuit and took it.  Based on his history, he seems like that kind of guy 

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he saw an opportunity to put himself in a situation where he could file a lawsuit and took it.  Based on his history, he seems like that kind of guy 

I think its safe to say that everyone can see how the "timing" of a video can have adverse effects on the truth. This is something I "always" thought about the Rodney King video,

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I think its safe to say that everyone can see how the "timing" of a video can have adverse effects on the truth. This is something I "always" thought about the Rodney King video,

I'm going to have to agree with you on the point, while disagreeing with your example.

18 hours ago, baddog said:

What happened to King was wrong, no doubt. I always wondered if he took a swing at one of the cops prior to the recording. That's all.

Kind of irrelevant.  Kinda like a guy shooting a cop, the cop shooting back and hitting him, him falling down and dropping his weapon, and then a couple of more cops standing over him and shooting while he was down.  Even if the force was justified originally, at some point it no longer is.  But I do know what you're saying.  It's very likely he did something to cause the cops to beat him like they did.