New Orleans erasing history

PhatMack19

This is the hidden content, please

Funny thing the Mayor said, "Removing this statue is about celebrating diversity".  I hate to tell the halfwit, but the definition on diversity, uses the word inclusion.  It does not mean exclusion, or taking or leaving out.  An example of exclusion would be, "No way anyone could be a Democrat and be pro life".  Dims are just to easy.

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, westend1 said:

Removing a huge statue of a confederate hero in a town which has a large population of blacks doesn't seem too outlandish to me. 

According to the article, most in NO didn't care until the Mayor stirred it up.  Have you ever been to NO?  I've been about 5 times in my younger days.  Seen that tall statue in Jackson Square.  Could have had Napolean on it for all I know.  By the time I got to that area, the Hurricanes had befuddled my feeble brain so bad, I wouldn't remember if I had read a plaque lol.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

According to the article, most in NO didn't care until the Mayor stirred it up.  Have you ever been to NO?  I've been about 5 times in my younger days.  Seen that tall statue in Jackson Square.  Could have had Napolean on it for all I know.  By the time I got to that area, the Hurricanes had befuddled my feeble brain so bad, I wouldn't remember if I had read a plaque lol.

I wind up over there pretty often.  Honestly, I have never seen it.   I can see how it might bother some of the population.

27 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Those statues should have never been built. Traitors to the US. And most of the statues I've seen were on public lands. Should not be on public property. It's okay if you want it on private property.

not sure about that I remember a man wanting a memorial in Orange on private property and the left went wild!

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Those statues should have never been built. Traitors to the US. And most of the statues I've seen were on public lands. Should not be on public property. It's okay if you want it on private property.

Do you really want to go after all traitors by definition? As of November 8th, all on the left are considered TRAITORS! The federal judges who blocked Trump's immigration orders and protected the sanctuary cities (California, Maryland, and Hawaii) are TRAITORS!

If you, Tobie, Nappy, and Big Girl are going to be a constant reminder of the slave days, then what did wrecking a statue actually to heal anything? Answer.....NOTHING! Since I am still going to be constantly reminded of the slave days, I personally would rather have a statue. It wasn't a crybaby.