Jazz Hands!

PhatMack19

This is the hidden content, please

Britain's largest national student union has told attendees of its annual conference they would face "consequences" for cheering and clapping because these forms of expression exclude deaf people.

During the conference, audience members were repeatedly warned that they must stop whooping and expressing support for a speaker because it has "serious impact" on the accessibility of the conference, 

Instead of clapping, the students were advised to use "jazz hands" a gesture when people wave their hands in the air as it's believed to be more inclusive to people with hearing problems.

JAZZ ****ING HANDS

actual video below

I'm going to have to give kudos to these people. Their intellectual potential is phenomenal. I'm fairly certain I do not have the ability, even after extensive schooling, to fathom the cerebral gymnastics to convince myself, much less others, of being offended by such mundane acts. This exceeds the limits of which I could only dream. These people should be congratulated for intellectual potential and originality, then given a good old woodshed spanking for stupidity.

I hate to bust their bubble, but from what I've heard (no pun intended) deaf people can feel the vibrations of loud noise.  If that's true, I'd think that a big round of applause and cheering could be felt.  Regardless, they could certainly see it.  The organizers hearts may have been in the right place, but unfortunately, their brains were with the rest of their heads, inserted inside of their large intestines.