Texas passes ban on sanctuary cities

This is the hidden content, please

Profiling is a good thing

If you follow the law you have nothing to worry about.....a lil inconvenience for the safety of the American citizen.  Who wouldn't want that?

And yes I have been profiled by officials......mostly when flying and it didn't bother me one bit cause I didn't have anything to hide/ I did nothing wrong. 

32 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Profiling is a good thing

If you follow the law you have nothing to worry about.....a lil inconvenience for the safety of the American citizen.  Who wouldn't want that?

And yes I have been profiled by officials......mostly when flying and it didn't bother me one bit cause I didn't have anything to hide/ I did nothing wrong. 

I love Texas.

The bill removes from office any chief of police or sheriff who even adopts a policy that interferes with immigration laws. That applies to some local law enforcement agencies that seem to have such policies. It also provides civil penalties of up to $25,500 for each occurrence. 

Any bets on when the first lawsuit will be filed, and which judge will be shopped for based on political contributions? I'm guessing within an hour after Gov Abbott signs the bill into law, a lawsuit will be filed in a court in which the judge has contributed a substantial amount of money to the Obama campaign and Democrat party. Any takers?

Maybe we could beat them to the punch and file a lawsuit in every town in Texas so hundreds of judges can say the law is wholly constitutional. 

51 minutes ago, baddog said:

I'll say it again....I LOVE TEXAS!

Texas governor signs bill targeting sanctuary cities

Amen baddog.  I know some judge is going to slap it down, but at least we tried.  How you stop a law that merely requires enforcement of a law, is beyond me.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, Englebert said:

Any bets on when the first lawsuit will be filed, and which judge will be shopped for based on political contributions? I'm guessing within an hour after Gov Abbott signs the bill into law, a lawsuit will be filed in a court in which the judge has contributed a substantial amount of money to the Obama campaign and Democrat party. Any takers?

Maybe we could beat them to the punch and file a lawsuit in every town in Texas so hundreds of judges can say the law is wholly constitutional

Done