Racist Harvard Students Are Bringing Back Segregation

Hagar

Meh.... that's just the way the game is played. If you scream "racist" then the other person's opinion is invalidated, because someone so blinded by their own "racism" is obviously incapable of rational thought. 

Think about it. If I made a remark marginalizing someone and their opinion because they are just a "poor black man," then I have made the most overtly racist of all possible statements. On the other hand, we've been through the past two presidential campaigns where the conservative nominee was repeated criticized for being a "rich white man." The statements are identical, but one is acceptable and the other isn't. 

If a black person drops an n-bomb, it's not a problem. If a white person drops one, he or she should be fired from their job and shamed. Even if it happened back in the 1980s like with Paula Deen. 

The ridiculous hypocrisy and double standards have created a situation that has only made the plight of AAs in our country worse. There are 4 young men from WOS out on bail for what happened to that white kid from OF and it occurred because he (allegedly) used a slur that I'd bet my life savings each of the accused use on a daily basis. How's that for progressive thinking? What is even more sickening is that a lot of people believe that the beating was justified because he used that word. 

We've come a long ways but I feel we are headed off in a bad direction. When I was a kid in East Texas, I can remember black people being too deferential when dealing with my parents and grandparents. I deal with the public in a semi-authoritarian role at my job, and it's not uncommon for for rural black people older than myself to refer to me as Mr. Firstname. It's a throwback and I don't like the imagery it calls to. 

On the other hand, I'm much more likely to deal with the "angry black person" today. You know, the one who is beating up the cashier at McDonalds or fighting a cop. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Meh.... that's just the way the game is played. If you scream "racist" then the other person's opinion is invalidated, because someone so blinded by their own "racism" is obviously incapable of rational thought. 

Think about it. If I made a remark marginalizing someone and their opinion because they are just a "poor black man," then I have made the most overtly racist of all possible statements. On the other hand, we've been through the past two presidential campaigns where the conservative nominee was repeated criticized for being a "rich white man." The statements are identical, but one is acceptable and the other isn't. 

If a black person drops an n-bomb, it's not a problem. If a white person drops one, he or she should be fired from their job and shamed. Even if it happened back in the 1980s like with Paula Deen. 

The ridiculous hypocrisy and double standards have created a situation that has only made the plight of AAs in our country worse. There are 4 young men from WOS out on bail for what happened to that white kid from OF and it occurred because he (allegedly) used a slur that I'd bet my life savings each of the accused use on a daily basis. How's that for progressive thinking? What is even more sickening is that a lot of people believe that the beating was justified because he used that word. 

We've come a long ways but I feel we are headed off in a bad direction. When I was a kid in East Texas, I can remember black people being too deferential when dealing with my parents and grandparents. I deal with the public in a semi-authoritarian role at my job, and it's not uncommon for for rural black people older than myself to refer to me as Mr. Firstname. It's a throwback and I don't like the imagery it calls to. 

On the other hand, I'm much more likely to deal with the "angry black person" today. You know, the one who is beating up the cashier at McDonalds or fighting a cop. 

I don't drop no n-bomb, neither does anyone in my family. And I have never seen the cashier at McDonalds gettiing beat up