West Hardin Next Year?

Guest Wildcat 08

whsalum said it right. Losing Letsinger, Simmons and Tomlinson will be very tough. Letsinger has been the heart and soul of this team for 4 years. Some other boys are going to have to turn it up a notch or three. Tyler will be solid and Hashaw needs to get physical down low. Coach Fuller will really have to step it up next year.

Guest JCfan

I think they will be OK. I have confidence in TC and Hashaw can be a big force down low if he will get aggressive.

Those guys will have to work hard on helping the ball handlers in the offseason though.

They have a good young coach and solid player to build around but the district will be alot tougher next year than it was this year.BS,HD and Spurger will all be improved.A playoff spot will be tough for the oilers.Best of luck to the kids they have a tough act to follow.

• 1 month later...

I think we'll be ok. We are losing some players, but if we work hard over the summer and try not to get hurt during football we'll be alright. Big Sandy will still be a fight to the end; Spurger will make us work hard down low; and Hull-Daisetta will be a good game too. I just hope that our fan support will be as good next year as it was this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JCfan

Better not be that excited. Tyler Copeland is going to be a great player. Austin Laird will fill in nicely where Tomlinson left off. At 6'4" and strong, Hashaw is going to be a bigger presence down low.

They will go to their forwards and post more for their scoring, but they will be better than most people think.

Tubbs is quick on defense. Point guard is really the only big question for them. If they have to they will get Copeland to bring it down and then swing him to run their offense.

They will be disciplined and play hard. That I know.   

They will no doubt be well coached and Copeland will do well.If he moves to the point it may hurt his offensive production.If they had anyone 6'4" I didnt see him.The Oilers had a great run this year but I think a playoff spot next year will be extremely tough.If they play 500 ball the coach will be a coach of the year candidate.Their district will be very good next year with HD,Big Sandy and Spurger all returning lots of folks.

Guest JCfan

The district is always going to be tough. I agree.

They won't be the same team next year, I agree.

They will be competitive with a leader like Copeland and I do believe that Matthew Hashaw, center, is 6'4''.

It will be tough and I will say that BS has to be the favorite. 

BS is graduating 2 starters in Anthony Williams and Cory Maze. Have a couple of kids from JV team, that beat HD in the regular season by the way, coming up. Definitely will be the team to beat next year in district and for a few years to come.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4