Next years UIL realignment

Guest ECBucFan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a few years away but with the new hospital coming, new restaurants, and housing development on the hwy 96 bypass, Silsbee will start growing as will the Kountze area.  Lumberton is running out of land for all of the housing and the growth is headed north.  A few weeks back there was a national  report that this area was going against the grain in regards to a real estate bust.  The Beaumont area was #5-6 on the growth chart.

Lumberton running out of room?

Beaumont Colony begins the Kountze district on hwy 69.  Going south from there doesn't leave too much prime commercial land available.  Hwy 96 to village creek (Silsbee's district) is almost filled.  Unless I have missed a whole area, there is not much for any industry to start.  That is not to say they do not have a little room for growth on some of their subdivisions.  What is crazy is less than a decade ago all you pretty much had on hwy 69 from Kountze south was a couple gas stations and the Lumberton school.

I wish we had the old 21-3A District back, its was my Freshmen & Sophomore year they had this District.

Anahuac

Bridge City

Buna

Hamshire Fannett

Hardin

Kountze

Orangefield

Sour Lake Hardin Jefferson

I wish we had the old 21-3A District back, its was my Freshmen & Sophomore year they had this District.

Anahuac

Bridge City

Buna

Hamshire Fannett

Hardin

Kountze

Orangefield

Sour Lake Hardin Jefferson

Where's the love???? No Silsbee, Jasper, WOS, and K'ville.....all four of these teams bring great competition in all sports, boys and girls!

That's a pretty cushy district IMO! 4 of those are now 2A, 2 of those are fairly weak in most sports, 1 is OK, and 1 fairly good in most.......

Beaumont Colony begins the Kountze district on hwy 69.  Going south from there doesn't leave too much prime commercial land available.  Hwy 96 to village creek (Silsbee's district) is almost filled.  Unless I have missed a whole area, there is not much for any industry to start.  That is not to say they do not have a little room for growth on some of their subdivisions.  What is crazy is less than a decade ago all you pretty much had on hwy 69 from Kountze south was a couple gas stations and the Lumberton school.

Lumberton doesnt have much industry to start with...  I would like to see a poll on how many people that live in Lumberton actually work there.  They are still building like crazy in Lumberton and they are building more behind walmart...  Westwood still hasnt finished yet..

;D

I like Silsbee, Jasper, Kville and WOS, they just destroy teams in District

If your point was to keep schools of similar size together for more even competition. Then a 6A classification might be more in order! This would even the numbers out a little more!

Im use of Silsbee being a 4A, I never seen them drop like that before

Even West Orange Stark, Im use of both of yall in that 4A 9 team District, Fighting for that Playoff Spot

But Im glad Silsbee and West Orange Stark are 3A, if you recall West Orange Stark had a 8-2 record but still did not make the playoffs

Some Controversial Call on that District,

Ozen vs PNG, if Ozen won that game then WOS would have made it to the playoffs

Why do you think HJ should move they have bigger enrollment numbers than OF, Kirbyville, and HF If anyone should be  moved it should be one of them.  It is difficult to compete against a school almost double your size. 

Why? We've done it every year since '85. School size doesnt matter that much. I know of plenty 5A teams WOS could beat right now. When we were in 4A we still suited under 40 or less players each game.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wish Buna remain 2A also, This would be a Powerhouse 2A District

Anahuac

Buna

Deweyville

Hardin

Kountze

Winnie East Chambers

Saratoga West Hardin

Hardin

• Member Statistics

Total Members