SOTU

LumRaiderFan

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Bullied?  By the left?  Come on, man.   You know very well that the left is the standard bearer  for respect, tolerance, and dignity for all.

And it was kids that did the bullying which they learned in a round bout way due to their environment (parents) and that right there leads into another issue (lgbtq......movement). To think a child’s mine is not malleable is foolish.

6 hours ago, baddog said:

Pelosi’s facial expressions were priceless. Did she have cue cards telling her when to clap? Totally no respect for her superiors!

Look, Baddog, don’t talk about respect for superiors. In 2009 Joe Wilson (R) South Carolina called President Obama a liar from the floor as he delivered his first SOTU address. Unless you recognize that as unprecedented Presidential disrespect, don’t say Pelosi is direspectful for not clapping or smiling when you thought she should. 

55 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Correct me if I’m wrong

the dems like only themselves

The only time as a collective group stood and clapped and cheered was when President Trump mentioned high employment of women. 

I think early on when he was reading from the prompter he got applause from Democrats when he actually addressed some bipartisan issues- infrastructure, protecting pre existing  conditions, and lowering prescription drug costs. You don’t have TDS,  you have DDS.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

Look, Baddog, don’t talk about respect for superiors. In 2009 Joe Wilson (R) South Carolina called President Obama a liar from the floor as he delivered his first SOTU address. Unless you recognize that as unprecedented Presidential disrespect, don’t say Pelosi is direspectful for not clapping or smiling when you thought she should. 

Joe Wilson was 100% correct...he was lying.

There were lots of us that knew it as well...you apparently weren’t one of them.

You know now, though, right?

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

There were lots of us that knew it as well...you apparently weren’t one of them.

Most are blind to obama's fallacies.  Remember,  we can't have the first black potus to be a total failure.  Oh, wait a minute.........,

13 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I’m talking respect and decorum. Our institutions will crumble without them. If you don’t agree with, say, the way a preacher preaches, you gonna stand up in church and call him a liar? 

15 hours ago, UT alum said:

And actually, he is not her superior. Co equal, I believe, they call the three branches of government. 

Not exactly.... he is the nationally elected leader of the executive branch.  She is just one of 435 Representative from the House that was selected by her fellow reps to lead the house.  In short, she was elected by however people voted for her ONLY in her district, plus the reps in congress that voted for her. 

She's technically the third person in the chain of succession behind the VP.  But definitely not equal in stature to the sitting president. 

26 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I’m talking respect and decorum. Our institutions will crumble without them. If you don’t agree with, say, the way a preacher preaches, you gonna stand up in church and call him a liar? 

If his lies were costing me money and impacting my life, you bet I would.

Folks are tired of being lied to when they have to support the lies later.  

Those that benefit from the lies say nothing...the makers are tired of going down this road.

16 hours ago, UT alum said:

I agree... Whether or not Joe Wilson was right in his assessment, he should have kept it to himself.  That's not the time or place. 

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If his lies were costing me money and impacting my life, you bet I would.

Folks are tired of being lied to when they have to support the lies later.  

Those the benefit from the lies say nothing...the makers are tired of going down this road.

I’ve been a maker all my adult life. I make payroll every two weeks, pay payroll taxes, match employees 401k contributions, and provide employee health insurance. I pay income tax and property tax, so don’t tell me about making and taking.