Bay City 7 LC-M 3 in Game 1 FINAL/COMMENTS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to say about this one other than LCM better have better pitching than showed tonight.  LCM threw 3 or 4 pitchers and with the exception of the last pitcher, not much velocity or movement at all from any of them.  The last pitcher had a little pop on the ball and did ok, but too little too late.  OK defence, but mental mistakes were frequent.  Poor outing for the Bears.

Bay City played solid fundamental baseball.  They bunted players over when needed, ran the bases well, played good defense, hit the ball when they needed too and took avantage of most their opportunities.  The pitcher for Bay City was almost strictly a fast ball pitcher and threw for strikes.  His velocity was likely 84-85 and he located the ball well. 

Both teams has 7 hits, and 1 error.  Final Score 7 Bay City 3 LCM.

After seeing the all mighty Bears, I will take Bay City in 2. 

Guest etbu

I actually feel bad for LCM bc I like their team. I saw them play last year here in Kingwood and was impressed I know that we get crazy here about our teams but I would like to wish Lcm the best and hope they win the next two. StrosBros travel safe and hope your team wins brutha.  ;D

I wouldnt say LCMs pitching was all that bad at all. Brown wasnt terrible by any means for a SOPHOMORE in his first playoff game. A few mistakes kept an inning alive on him when he should have been out of it. Leggett has been sick I believe so give him a break and Johnson did a nice job keeping Bay City off the board the rest of the way.

It is always what the radar gun says which says a pitcher is doing a good job or not. Bay City made the plays when needed and got some great bunts laid down and the Bears made a few mistakes which can be corrected.

The big ballpark kept some balls inside the park which are usually out for the Bears so dont pin everything on the pitching.

The Blackcats won the game plain and simple and deserve the credit. The LCM coaching staff knew this would a battle and that is what it has turned into.

PS: Those guys on the radio were awesome weren't they!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4