It's 4A earliest exit.

I've seen some of the talent coming up, 4A will be back next year.

94/95

State Semifinal: Coppell def. Nederland 9-4;.

95/96

State Final: FW Arlington Heights def Little Cypress Mauriceville 14-0.

96/97

State Semifinal: Fort Worth Boswell def. Nederland 7-3

97/98

State Semifinal:  Corpus Christi Calallen def. Nederland, 10-9.

98/99

Regional Final: ; Brenham def. Nederland 13-1, 5-0;.

99/00

State Final: Corpus Christi Calallen def. Port Neches-Groves 8-6.

00/01

Regional Quarterfinal:  Livingston def. Orange Little Cypress Mauriceville 1-11, 3-1, 5-

01/02

Regional Semifinal:  Jasper lost to Forest Brook

02/03

Regional Quarterfinals: LCM lost to Brenham

03/04

State Finalist: PNG lost Boerne

04/05

Regional Quarter Final:  Nederland lost Montgomery

05/06

Regional Quarterfinals: LCM lost to Brenham

06/07

Area:  LCM lost to Bay City

NC lost to TX City in game 1 last night with TX City 2nd Pitcher.

Yeah, I am affraid New Caney might be in a bit of trouble after losing game 1.  Dean is rock solid and after that, not much.  Him losing game 1 is not a good way to start. 

This is one VERY TOUGH region.....NO Doubt !!!!!

BH

Texas City

Montgomery

Brenham

etc......

They might have went out early but I still say the area was not down, just a little young.

These teams beat up on each other through district and it takes a lot just to make the playoffs around here. Those young teams just ran into experienced teams it seems this year and showed their youth a bit.

There is nothing wrong with this area. The talent and coaching in the Golden Triangle is still some of the best in the state. Look for several teams to make it a few rounds deep next year and prove this area is not slipping one bit.

Just go look at all the great players that graduated last season school by school. They werent just good players, this area lost GREAT players to graduation last year.

We will be alright  :)

They might have went out early but I still say the area was not down, just a little young.

These teams beat up on each other through district and it takes a lot just to make the playoffs around here. Those young teams just ran into experienced teams it seems this year and showed their youth a bit.

There is nothing wrong with this area. The talent and coaching in the Golden Triangle is still some of the best in the state. Look for several teams to make it a few rounds deep next year and prove this area is not slipping one bit.

Just go look at all the great players that graduated last season school by school. They werent just good players, this area lost GREAT players to graduation last year.

We will be alright  :)

I think that is a fair description of the status.  LCM, PNG and at least 2 others will be a lot better next year.  For most players the power in the bat between Sophmore and Senior is significant.  Last year BH played a VERY good Bridge City team as mostly Sophmores and took them 3 games.  Now they are mostly Juniors with a few Seniors.  Big difference when you look at pitching improvements and hitting improvements accross the team.  LCM and PNG will be a 2-3 round team next year, minimum.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats