BC's Stringer in the MLB draft that begins today

Will be an interesting side-note if Stringer is drafted, but I wouldn't think it would have any bearing on his future plans with Lamar. He would have to go really high to do that. Still, it is a pat on his back to be on the list.

Guest Bulldog

Will be an interesting side-note if Stringer is drafted, but I wouldn't think it would have any bearing on his future plans with Lamar. He would have to go really high to do that. Still, it is a pat on his back to be on the list.

It won't but it would be a honor to be drafted.....

Guest Orangeboy

Hey Bulldog3, any BC guys playing summer ball?

Several are playing in the Babe Ruth League in Nederland.  See the Babe Ruth Forum to see rosters.

NO for sure didn't mean to, seems as if some people do think you have to be in a pool or ?? to be eligible. Considering how many are eligible it is a MAJOR achievment to be selected in ANY round. I'm wondering how long MLB has had the rule of a player signing before Aug ? Not to many yrs back you had a wekk before the draft UNLESS you were in Post season play. 

Guest Bulldog

Really dont understand the subject of this thread as all HS seniors are subject to being drafted.

well how many are on the list from this area??? Stringer seems to be the only one.....Dishon, Murphy, Feg. and others are more than good enough to be on it but for some reason their not.......can someone explain??

Guest Orangeboy

NO for sure didn't mean to, seems as if some people do think you have to be in a pool or ?? to be eligible. Considering how many are eligible it is a MAJOR achievment to be selected in ANY round. I'm wondering how long MLB has had the rule of a player signing before Aug ? Not to many yrs back you had a wekk before the draft UNLESS you were in Post season play. 

I read that is a new rule that starts this year.

There is no longer a draft and follow. Players have until August 15 to sign.  This will send more kids into college ball.  Stringer seems to be the only High Schooler in the GT area on the MLB draft tracker list.  Doing a search on the state of Texas there are several from the area in College  on the list.  Delome, Harrington, Ambort from Lamar.  Angelle and Bagley from San Jac.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to info on projections after the first few rounds, you never know what they'll do. Once again there IS NO list a player has to be on, just a graduated HS senior or 21 I think, used to be a grad Jr in college or 21 but seems as if they have changed a few rules since I followed the MLB draft closely.

Guest fred1

It won't but it would be a honor to be drafted.....

The best of luck to you Stringer...Excited and proud for you and your future.

dishon told me he didnt put his name in for eligability because hes sold on going to lsu....i dont think he would have gotten the money he wanted so he probably thought whats the use then....

so we'll see in 3 years...good luck to stringer and the rest of the guys from setx though....i'd kill to be drafted lol

dishon told me he didnt put his name in for eligability because hes sold on going to lsu....i dont think he would have gotten the money he wanted so he probably thought whats the use then....

so we'll see in 3 years...good luck to stringer and the rest of the guys from setx though....i'd kill to be drafted lol

The scouts put your name on this list not the individual player. Who wouldn't want to be elligible??? It is an honor to be drafted straight from high school even if you do not get the money you want.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4