The Examiner reports on the Anahuac HFC/AD situation...

www.theexaminer.com

Anahuac football coach search narrowed to 5

By Chad Cooper, Sports Editor

Anahuac is in need of a head football coach and athletic director and have since narrowed their search down to five candidates and could name their man as early as Tuesday.

Sources close to the situation claim the school narrowed the list of candidates down to five:

1. Darrell Barbay (Hull-Daisetta AD/HFC)

2. Duane Joubert (Kountze head basketball coach)

3. Paul Broussard (Former Hamshire-Fannett defensive coordinator)

4. David Westfall (West Hardin AD/HFC)

5. An unnamed assistant from Tatum.

Sources also claim that if Joubert is named athletic director, he would not be the head football coach and would instead assume the role of the AD and boys head basketball coach meaning the school would also have to hire a football coach. The boys head basketball position is also open.

Yes Darrell Barbay is the son of "THE BARBAY" from Newtow.. We would be lucky to have him come here. I hear he is doing great things in H-D right now.. The rumore has is Tatum coach has pulled out.. Hey Yates, err DickVitale.. I guess now you see why the Kountze coach would come to Anahuac. There aren't many places you would have the chance to be the AD and still be the head basketball coach. Kind of the best of both worlds, gets the AD pay, keeps coaching basketball.. No heat if the football doesn't turn around.

Guest DickVitale

You are right, that would be a great move, but...not going to happen...If they did that, they would have to find a good football coach that is willing to be coach only and not the AD...at this late date...Not happening.....there are other reasons too, but that would be one of the bigger, less complicated ones....and who's Yates? ;)

Guest totalsportsprogram

Joubert already has his man for the football job if he gets it and the guy he brings in would be MORE than qualified.  I would bet that Joubert probably made this known during the interview process.

Also, the job was officially offered this weekend to someone not mentioned in this article.  That person turned the job down.

Guest ECBucFan

That's a good group of names. Watchout Anahuac just got alot better.

No doubt about it. Da'wac has the athletes, just not the organization and dicipline, yet...

Guest DickVitale

We shall see how this turns out...I am taking ALL BETS....It's Barbay...For a number of reasons...Joubert would be great for Anahuac, but....I don't see that scenario in Anahuac.

Dicky V, Dicky V.. Come on man, if you don't want people to know who you are. You need to hide your email address from your profile!! ;D  As for totalsports, I've heard the same thing. Joubert has his head football coach picked out and the board knows about it.. Not to sure how reliable the story of the job already being offered this weekend and was turned down is. The story about here is the board is meeting tomorrow and will fill the job then. But they might have already offered it up to introduce the new coach tuesday.. One thing about it, with all these rumors the message boards are burning up!!

Guest totalsportsprogram

Not to sure how reliable the story of the job already being offered this weekend and was turned down is.

Trust me.  I spoke directly with the person it was offered to.

Guest DickVitale

You have to HAVE a pot to sweetin it!! They won't be able to match Anahuac's pay...Barbay is officially an Anahuac Panther!! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4