Will Jasper make the playoffs this year?

Will Jasper make the playoffs this year?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jasper make the playoffs this year?

• yes
    • no

That's a good question, Morgan. The schedule is favorable in district play as the projected top half of the district has to play us in Jasper. If we can win a couple of those games, we'll be in good shape. I'll go out on a limb and project a 7-3 overall record and 6-1 in district. We'll struggle early, but with acclimation to the new schemes and the very favorable home schedule, Jasper will be back to its old self by the end of the season. I'm sure there are folks that'll think I'm nuts and I may be. I just really believe in Coach Brooks and have a feeling that he's about to put a huge stamp on Jasper football for many years to come. He'll produce one of the state's most improved teams this fall. 

Aug. 31 Livingston                         W

Sept. 7 @ Barbers Hill                       L

Sept. 14 @ Newton                          L

Sept. 21 OPEN

Sept. 28 Kirbyville*                        W

Oct. 5 @ Orangefield*                      W

Oct. 12 Bridge City*                       W

Oct. 19 @ Hamshire-Fannett*            W

Oct. 26 West Orange-Stark*              L

Nov. 2 @ Hardin-Jefferson*               W

Nov. 9 Silsbee*                             W

BOLD indicates swing games that could go either way.

So IF they make it who stays home?

That's a great question. There could realistically be five playoff caliber teams in the district and only three spots. I'm gonna go this way based on my predictions earlier in this thread:

1. WO-S

2. Jasper/Silsbee

3. Silsbee/Jasper

4. Kirbyville

5. Bridge City

I've said already that I might be overshooting Jasper a little bit, so take that into consideration when you guys call me crazy. I think Brooks along with the recent success in baseball will give the Dogs a boost of confidence. Add that to a growing base of players and they'll exceed expectations.

The last time Jasper went 2-8 they rebounded to the outright district championship the next year.  :)  Now winning the championship this year would be a GIANT step, but finishing in the top 3 to make the playoffs, not so big a climb.  :) 

Guest Bulldog

i see BC and Silsbee being the odd men out. Kirbyville winning it all with yes Jasper number 2. leaving WO-S third.........IMO.....

Aggie,

Hold your horses and consider this while your halted. Jasper will have greater participation as evident by Coach Brook's offseason program. Offensively, Coach Quick will direct the offense and you can bet there will be improved excution by the players and decision-making by the coaching staff. Jasper's greatest struggles were on offense and many times,  it was simply  offensive just to watch what happening on that side of the ball. I believe you must first have good players to win, but you can't put young players in helpless situations  and this happened way too often. I really think Jasper will have a solild hold on third  spot and will battle to the end of district for the 2nd place if they emphasize special teams and avoid grind it out typye games because everyone in the district's OL is so much bigger.

Guest 3AFan

You guys are Goofy..

Kville and WOS will battle for 1/2

Jasper and Silsbee will battle for the last playoff spot

Now shut up.

2006 - K-ville 28, Jasper 21

2007 - K-ville 21, Jasper 28

Guest ST4life

i see BC and Silsbee being the odd men out. Kirbyville winning it all with yes Jasper number 2. leaving WO-S third.........IMO.....

I hate to mess up dreamland but Silsbee is going to the playoffs plain and simple

Guest 3AFan

How many times does the favorite actually win in sports? Unless your WOS. Jasper was picked as a favorite a couple of years ago, came in 3rd in their district, but went to State. I say Kirbyville misses the playoff's.

WOS

Silsbee

Jasper

I've got Dave Campbell right here in front of me:

OL:

Crowell - 6'3 - 230 - 4.6

Goff - 6'0 - 260 - 4.9

Trae Horn - 6'0 - 220 - 4.7

CLiff Mitchell - 6'4 - 255 - 4.9

RB's:

Brandon McQueen - 5'10 - 220 - 4.6

Donte Rollins - 6'1 - 215 - 4.6

Octavius Rawls - FAST

Koderro Rawls - FAST

WR's:

Malcom Bronson - 5'10 - 165 - 4.5

William BROOKS - 5'10 - 170 - 4.5

Xavier Mays - 4.6

William Ellis - Fast

#15  - Great Hands and Speed

EVEN IF THEY EXAGGERATED ON THE 40 TIMES BY 0.15, YOU'VE STILL GOT MORE SIZE AND SPEED THAN A 3A TEAM SHOULD BE ALLOWED, IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN WIN WITH THAT, OR YOUR REBUILDING, THEN YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Jasper has a lot coming back but they did not do very well last year, so it is hard to believe that they could make it to the play-offs after the season they had. I believe Kirbyville has a good chance of winning the district. WOS always does well even when they are supposed to be down so it could go down to the wire with those two. Probably Silsbee will take the third spot. I say that based on last year's performance but I really do not know how many players are returning for all the teams. I believe Kirbyville has a lot returning as well as Jasper. BC will have a very young team so their new system will have to develope fast for them to make a strong showing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham