**No Mercy-KLVI/Barton Want Exclusive Rights to Ned Games**

It appears wants to squander any chances of us streaming Nederland games on the internet. He wants an exclusive rights to broadcast Nederland games which will prevent us from being able to do it. If this contract goes through with the NISD, KLVI will once again host ONLY Nederland games, nobody else in the community, which is kind of unfair in my honest opinion. We are looking at other angles such as the internet being free enterprise which prevents broadcasting infringement (Freedom of the Press), etc. Since this is not a radio show, it is not controlled by the FCC... I strongly urge fans from Nederland to call Mrs. Krone(Superintendent) or the NISD Board and urge them to allow us to do this. I also encourage fans from other schools to call KLVI and request coverage for your school.. This way, everybody wins and the Nederland fans will have a great new way to listen to play by play, AND other local schools will get radio coverage. Thanks for everyones support.

Ummm...  Let me start by saying that I am all for streaming all the games on the internet, I also have no problem with KLVI covering all of our games also.  Look through the list of sponsers for that program, 75-80% of them are Nederland businesses.  He doesn't want to lose his bread and butter.  I say lets do both.  There are people ( especially those of the grey-haired persausion,) that have no idea how to use the internet, much less listen to a stream.  They do however along with others listen to games on the radio that they cannot attend.  Not everyone is internet savy.  There has been this discussion several times, with other teams fans that are not happy that Ned gets thier games covered.  The answer is this: get together a group of sponsers and get a radio station to cover your games.  There are plenty of other stations around.  If you don't have the backing from your fans and community , your not going to get coverage.  PNG and Ned have thier own stations, and KOGT covers Orange county teams.

We here at setxsports.com have no issues with having both... we are not trying to infringe on KLVI's listening audience... KLVI on the other hand does NOT want us to stream the games.. for what reason? I have no idea... If you take the amount of people that can benefit from a live internet stream, its no question how important this stream is...We are not trying to battle with KLVI, but they seem to want to do that... I agree, We can have both

And you are right, KLVI isnt even in Nederland...

TRUE AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR NEDERLAND, BUT BEING THE STATION IS IN BEAUMONT SEEMS LIKE THEY WOULD DO A BEAUMONT TEAM OR DIFFERENT SCHOOLS.

Like I said, get some sponsers together and a get station.  The fan base is one thing that motivates sponsers, the more people the game reaches, the more exposure for the sponsers.  The fan base of your team will have to get behind the show.

shouldn't have to do all that for a station to cover games in their OWN town. you have ozen, central kelly in beaumont they should broadcast. those goof balls at klvi don't have sense enough though.

A "for profit" radio station enters into a contract "for profit". Is there something wrong with that? It doesn't matter where the office happens to be, it only matters the dollars coming in. Anyone that seems to think that since KLVI's studio sits in Beaumont they somehow owe allegiance to Beaumont teams has lost it. Offer more money than Nederland does in advertising and sponsorships and I would bet that KLVI would jump ship in a moment.

Not only would KLVI be doing live broadcasts of the Nederland games on the radio, there signal is also streamed on the internet. Why is there a need to have two internet streams of the same game?

That's true TVC I forgot about that.

Nederland businesses are more than 3/4 of the sponserships for the Friday Night Experience.  Listen to a game and keep a count of how many are Nederland vs other cities' businesses.  That and the fan support is why they cover our games. No one is griping about PNG being on thier station, There are several stations in Beaumont that could cover BISD games, I don't think the sponsorships are being pursued.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham