New Bulldog Stadium scoreboard promises all the bells, whistles

New Bulldog Stadium scoreboard promises all the bells, whistles

Dave Rogers

The Port Arthur News

Look for the Nederland Bulldogs to land a knockout punch in Southeast Texas’ Scoreboard Wars this fall.

The Daktronics scoreboard set to debut at Nederland High home football games this fall will feature a full-color 14-foot by 19-foot video screen capable of instant replays from any one of three stadium cameras, unlimited graphics, and advertising.

Plenty of advertising.

The 42-foot long scoreboard itself will be surrounded by panels carrying the logos of four “anchor†sponsors and five “founding†sponsors. Additional sponsor signage will be mounted around Bulldog Stadium.

The best-case scenario is for South Dakota-based Daktronics and Nederland Independent School District to split some sizable profits from the venture.

The worst-case scenario, says Daktronics’ Drew Mitchell, is that Daktronics could lose money on the deal. He says NISD cannot lose.

“Daktronics is financing it, along with the bank, so it’s not costing the school district any money at all,†he said. “We’re the ones who take the risk. If we’re unable to sell the advertising, it doesn’t cost the school district.â€

Mitchell is the fellow charged with making those sales and he said he’s off to a good start.

Five Points Credit Union, Neches Federal Credit Union and JK Chevrolet have already signed on as three of the four anchor sponsors, agreeing to pay $20,000 a year for 10 years, Mitchell says.

Christus Hospitals and Doornbos FLC have grabbed up two of the five founding sponsorships, packages that require a $12,500 commitment for 10 years.

Their combined first-year commitment of $85,000 put the project past the so-called “booking point†and construction has begun on the scoreboard in Daktronics’ Brookings, S.D. plant.

“The materials should be manufactured and be here by the middle of next month,†Nederland athletic director Larry Neumann said, “and then it just takes a few days to install everything.

“We don’t play at home until our third ballgame (Sept. 14 against Waller), so we have a little more of a window.â€

the fact this school/town think they are "all that". the mangy mutts are not worthy of ANYTHING. they are cheaters and that's how the majority of the games they play are won. >:(

don't worry r.t. will get in good with neumann and the titans will blow that scoreboard to pieces!!!! just like lamarque lit them up!!!

Find a post where someone has said that.  You won't.  We just don't "roll over" (pun intended) and let people attack our town or our team.

Good for Nederland and is pretty cool that your community supports the team like they do. Happy for you'all and what a great tool for the kids and fans to enjoy the games. As far as Titan does anyone really listen to it?

Here is a prediction that PATITAN made last year.

mosely will not play or start for a d-1 school. why??? he's soft and injury prone. that get yards against sorry teams.

He is still wrong.

ummmm....he doesn't start and if you really want to consider NT a real d-1 go ahead.hmmmm.... if they went undefeated,i wonder if they would play for the national championship??? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and the season have not started yet,so mr. broken jaw,broken leg, and so called ankle injury,still have time to break something. ummm.....no disrespect to 22-4a,but besides central and dayton,who else was a threat. vidor always play nederland tough and that's about it.now,forrest brook???wow some powerhouse.waller??? all offense-no defense-all most like PAM last year.wait,lc ya'll want to brag about that.ya'll let little man drag ya'll sorry carcass up and down the field all night!!! so,so far i'm still correct. how about you go lay down in front of the "L-TRAIN"??? wait it would break down before it got to you.

ummmm....he doesn't start and if you really want to consider NT a real d-1 go ahead.hmmmm.... if they went undefeated,i wonder if they would play for the national championship??? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and the season have not started yet,so mr. broken jaw,broken leg, and so called ankle injury,still have time to break something. ummm.....no disrespect to 22-4a,but besides central and dayton,who else was a threat. vidor always play nederland tough and that's about it.now,forrest brook???wow some powerhouse.waller??? all offense-no defense-all most like PAM last year.wait,lc ya'll want to brag about that.ya'll let little man drag ya'll sorry carcass up and down the field all night!!! so,so far i'm still correct. how about you go lay down in front of the "L-TRAIN"??? wait it would break down before it got to you.

Patitan don't you agree it takes a sorry man, or child, which ever you are, to talk about a kid having time still to break something. Sounds like you need time out in the corner!

no i'm a man and he's no kid.by law he's a man.you're a boy,whinning like a girl.if the mods is reading this,i don't like bring called sorry. ;D

i'm not wishing anything on anyone,just pointing out he's injury prone and the season haven't started yet.that means he's not playing football.which means he still could get hurt just like anyone else playing football on all levels.you may sit now.

no i'm a man and he's no kid.by law he's a man.you're a boy,whinning like a girl.if the mods is reading this,i don't like bring called sorry. ;D

i'm not wishing anything on anyone,just pointing out he's injury prone and the season haven't started yet.that means he's not playing football.which means he still could get hurt just like anyone else playing football on all levels.you may sit now.

True we treat kids soft these days. My bad, I thought you were wishing the young man bad luck. Most running backs do suffer injuries. Can't think of many who haven't. Good post and I'll go sit my timeout now. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham