Good guys with guns

PhatMack19

Would you really want this loon as President?

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden attacked Texas Governor Greg Abbott earlier this year for signing a bill into law that allowed lawful gun owners to carry firearms in places of worship, repeatedly calling Abbott’s decision “irrational.”

I would bet there are some folks belonging to the West Freeway Church of Christ that disagree.

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Would you really want this loon as President?

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden attacked Texas Governor Greg Abbott earlier this year for signing a bill into law that allowed lawful gun owners to carry firearms in places of worship, repeatedly calling Abbott’s decision “irrational.”

I would bet there are some folks belonging to the West Freeway Church of Christ that disagree.

Thank God we don't have a loony liberal running things here.  I wonder how our liberal posters here felt about this before/after this happened.  I have a feeling they are in lockstep with the dim/social/liberal leaders they follow.  

God bless a conservative run state and God bless President Trump!!

9 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Not that it is shocking but Biden is wrong. 

Abbott did not sign a bill into law giving the ability to legally carry in a church. That has been the law since the mid-90s. 

Stunned... right? 😂

This bill clarifies that it is legal to carry in a church (or other public areas) unless it is posted that firearms are not allowed.

Would this be a fair layman's description, TVC?

On 1/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, LumRaiderFan said:

This bill clarifies that it is legal to carry in a church (or other public areas) unless it is posted that firearms are not allowed.

Would this be a fair layman's description, TVC?

That has always been the law. If no sign, you could carry in a church with a license. 

The bill signed by Abbott reduced it from a felony to a misdemeanor but still a crime. 

Also signed by Abbott was a law that allows a church to have voluntarily security without having to declare themselves a security company. Churches for years have had members doing security but an issue was brought up if that was illegal (I think it is questionable at best) since a security company Texas needs a license. That new law settles the question by simply exempting them from a license.