Record crowd of 75,000 witnesses 2007 Hall of Fame Induction ceremony

COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken Jr. were enshrined on a hot and glorious Sunday afternoon before by far the largest crowd in the history of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, and those who made the pilgrimage were treated to emotional speeches that were characteristically highlighted by two heroes' thoughts on hard work and responsibility as professional athletes.

This is the hidden content, please

"Where would any of us in this game be without the people who love the game and their teams and who even make trips to events like this long after we've put down our gloves and bats?" Ripken said. "I know some fans look at the streak as a special accomplishment, and while I appreciate that I always looked at it as just showing up for work every day. As I look out at this audience I see thousands of people who do the same - teachers, police officers, mothers, fathers, business people and many others. You all may not receive the accolades I have throughout my career, so I'd like to take the time out to salute all of you for showing up, working hard and making the world a better place. Thank you all." Cal Ripkin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43