Sat. Looks GOOD!

Ended up being a really good day, weather-wise and fish-wise.  We caught really nice snapper much closer in than I would have imagined.  Nice trip.

You need to shoot me some #s, I'll trade you some off Galveston or Freeport I wont be using while boats at Sabine. 

Yeah i saw the Rip-Currents chart last week and it was a pretty jagged line that was at about 18miles out of freeport heading south west toowards the east breaks and and about 30 miles due south of freeport towards the 504 block, and almost to the clay piles out of galveston.  I'm hoping it has moved in some with the warm water surge we had last week. 

We dove (scuba) yesterday (11th).  Was disapointed in the mangrove.  I couldn't find my stringer so I wasn't going to shoot anything unless it was big.  that didn't happen.  It felt great to get down to the cool water.  I went to about 60 ft.  the water was beautiful about 50 miles out.

Overal we had a great  day w/ decent snapper, 1 king, 1 dolhin and 1 ling about 45#s.

Went down to Freeport to help Rik Jacobson with his grandsons first trip out. Ran 19 miles to the old Tenaco well and was limited in about 10-15 min. Water was BLUE >>a first for me this yr, and a first time aboard a 33' World Cat, nice ride lots of room.

The spots we fished were in his book, thers is 2 spots for the Tenaco, one is the old rig site and the other is a well head, marked lots of fish at both, the fish at the well head came up to say hello. We fished it after the other and after we had our limit. We made a drop there so Rik could bring the fish to the top for his GS to see and see he DID.

Have had the same thing happen at the 504 well heads,  we do really good there too. It's awesome to see the gulf turn red when they come straight to the surface. Opening day last year we were catching them on mirror lures and top waters when we chummed them up.  Then the kingfish turned up and by by mirror lures. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham