102 # Warsaw Grouper

I saw this posted on another site. Definantly a beautiful fish. Here's a question to ponder........(not to start any rucass, everyone has different ethics and none of them are necessarily wrong) 

Given the data of the large fish possibly carrying the ciguatera bacteria , especially a grouper of this size, and just the matter of the amount of meat it contains as far as eating and storeing. Would you keep it or take pictures and release it? 

I personally would release it.  I just personally can't justify keeping a grouper that big much less the lack of storage.  But on the same token I wouldn't hesitate to keep a 100+ pound yellowfin.  Fresh sashimi is my weekness.

not all at once........but till i got sick prolly. I would grill what i didn't eat on the boat or right when i got home.  I have a lot of people wanting tuna so a hundred pound fish would be dispersed pretty quickly. I prolly wouldn't keep any more tha n that. shoot after fighting that fish i'd be wooped.

After a fight with a 30-40lber I dont see how this fish was moved off the bottom, I have used the boat to pull big AJs away from rigs but I dont own a reel that has enough drag to do this with a Grouper of this size.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham