Who is your all time favorite Astro?

Who is your all time favorite astro?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your all time favorite astro?

• Craig Biggio
    • Jeff Bagwell
    • Lance Berkman
    • Roy Oswalt
    • Jose Cruz
    • Nolan Ryan
    • Larry Dierker
    • JR Richard
    • Jimmy Wynn
    • Joe Morgan
    • Ken Caminiti
    • Billy Wagner
    • Phil Garner
    • Brad Lidge
    • Brad Ausmus
    • Roger Clemens
    • Andy Pettitte
    • Jose Lima
    • Carlos Lee
    • Other

This is a really long poll....I put a lot of options there for astros fans though.  I'm sure there are a few you could argue i left off.  Just in case i did, i put an other category, you can write it in on this thread if you like.  But i covered most of them, ranging from the older to recent astros players.  I suspect someone from the top 4 or 5 will get the most votes, but i also wanted to see who else would get a few votes.  I added Brad Ausmus to see how many ladies are on this board (because no guy should or would ever vote for Ausmus).  I also added Clemens since he was so beloved before he went back to his "hometown" in New York.  I'll be surprised if he gets a vote.

I voted for Biggio, but there are a lot of other marginal guys that I really appreciated that played with the Astros through the years.  Casey Candele, Tim Bogar, Bill Spiers, Alan Ashby, Eric Yielding, Jim Deshaies, Charley Kerfield.  I think that Lary Anderson should get some run for perhaps making his largest contribution to the franchise by leaving in the Jeff Bagwell trade.

I picked Nolan Ryan simply because of his demeanor. He was always just the same old Nolan. I only wish he had run support in Houston.

Early on it was Roger Metzger simply because if the ball was hit to short, the runner was out. His fielding % was phenominal.

Later I liked Terry Puhl and Craig Reynolds, two very solid players. Dickie Thon was looking like he would get the HR title one year, then he got beaned in the face and never was the same. J.R. Richard was the most intimidating pitcher I have ever seen. He could hold seven baseballs in one hand....one between each finger and three in the palm. His 100 mph fastball was awesome and his slider was untouchable. Ask Garvey and Cey how they liked Richard. They couldn't touch him. J.R. Richard could have maybe challenged Ryan for the no-hit record had he not had a stroke, in my opinion. Guess I should have voted for J.R., but Nolan was my all time fav.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham