PATITAN COOGAHS AGAINST PN-G...

patitan

i want to start off by saying how i didn't like how the  of a player #6 is for pn-g. >:( during warmups, he went for a long pass out of bounds on lamarque side.doing this,he tripped and fell into a pile of balls and skidded on his belly like a crashing 747(he fell and it looked really funny).well the ball boy for lm was laughing and said something to him.keep in mind the ball bay was middle school age.well mr, big bad wr starts jawing with the kid and throws a ball at him-HARD!!! well that's pn-g for ya.

overall pn-g looked like poo on a stick!!! the only offense that worked was the offense they are use to. too many false starts using the spread.

on offense hemmings carried the load and was busting butt. screens to him bailed pn-g out.tatum wanted #81 a little too much which resulted in sacks. this was against a WEAK and SMALL lm defense. they won't make it to the playoffs like that(png).#9 showed some promise,but again,a weak defense.hopefully the coogs will fix the problem soon,i hope.pn-g moved the ball well between the 20's,but red zone they looked HORRIBLE!!!

on defense,pn-g gets mad props from me. #88 was a blitzing machine!!! lm was not smart at beating the blitz. they didn't have a hot receiver,otherwise,they could have really hurt pn-g. kurligan had no time to do anything. little #2 killed pn-g. he wasn't that fast.quick,yes.this little guy had to be 5'3" and about 140 soaking wet!!! go ahead and claim your moral victory now. ::)

First off, let me state that I am a PN-G fan.  From a fan's perspective, our offense is once again very plain and boring to watch.  Even from the shotgun, we only threw WR screens or dump offs to the RB.  Nothing down the field except on two 3rd and longs which we connected on for the bulk of our passing yards.  Also, I counted 5 straight possessions where we ran on 1st down (and we weren't getting much against that D).  I thought Matt Burnett said this is the year he opens up the offense?  If that was wide open, I hate to see the alternative.  Also, I counted 8 false starts on offense.  IMO, that's the sign of a poorly coached team.

I think what I had the biggest problems with was the decision making on 4th downs.    We go for a 4th and 20 in the 1st Q.  But then later punt on 4th and 3.  Later in the game we go for a 4th and 30!  All of these possessions were with 5 yards of each other between the LM 35 and 40 yard line.  And last but not least, with about 5 minutes left in the game and the score 12-0, PN-G has a 4th and 7 at the LM 40...and Burnett punts.  I guess he was trying to only get beat 12-0 instead of trying to win the game.  Very sad. 

I hope things change, but with the current staff...I doubt it. 

Forgot to add that I thought the defense played great.  LM basically scored zero 2nd  half pts.  (they actually scored with about 30 sec. left in the game).  Great effort, and save for a couple big plays, nearly perfect.  LaMarque was very fast, esp. the tailback, but we did a good job of containing for the most part.  Great effort.

ok here is my take on patitans post (btw no matter what people say u keep this forum interesting sometimes lol)

i want to start off by saying how i didn't like how the  of a player #6 is for pn-g.  during warmups, he went for a long pass out of bounds on lamarque side.doing this,he tripped and fell into a pile of balls and skidded on his belly like a crashing 747(he fell and it looked really funny).well the ball boy for lm was laughing and said something to him.keep in mind the ball bay was middle school age.well mr, big bad wr starts jawing with the kid and throws a ball at him-HARD!!! well that's pn-g for ya.

Didnt see this but "if" it did happen EXACTLY the way you discribe it which btw you must admit is rather baised, thats sorry! But me being baised im giveing #6 the benifit of the doubt...

overall pn-g looked like poo on a stick!!!

alway have to stir the pot..  ::) ...

the only offense that worked was the offense they are use to. too many false starts using the spread.

You are right, it did work the best... but give it time and im sure the spread will start clicking.. i hope.. When Tatum threw it seemed as if he would throw a perfect pass to the WR's and they would drop the ball or he would over throw it..

But, the BEST catch of the night was #6 (think).. you know that diving catch.. the was awesome!

on offense hemmings carried the load and was busting butt.

He will be fun to watch this year.. i agree w/ this statment!

tatum wanted #81 a little too much which resulted in sacks.

It was like this last yr. to... I dont see why 81# was on punt return.. he didnt does not have good enough moves.. but then again he was just taking Tezeno's spot, who btw has moves like similair to LM's #2.. so i cant wait until he is back..

this was against a WEAK and SMALL lm defense.

What ever u say  ::) ::)

i hope.pn-g moved the ball well between the 20's,but red zone they looked HORRIBLE!!!

I agree... its sad but true

on defense,pn-g gets mad props from me. #88 was a blitzing machine!!! lm was not smart at beating the blitz. they didn't have a hot receiver,otherwise,they could have really hurt pn-g. kurligan had no time to do anything.

Agree, agree, agree...

But like i said before #2 had some moves!! Our players could have contained him more if they would have ran through him in stead of stopping 2 yards ahead of him.. when they did that he would simply move around the players and keep on going.. thats something we need to work on..

All in all.. It was a fun game to watch and i think we learned some good things from this game.. and Good luck to the Coogs the rest of the season..

one question though, what was that silly dance LM players did before that punt that took forever??

Also.. the only penitly i think was worth PNG taking all night long was when Burrnet got in the ref's face and called them out!! LM players noticed we came out to play smach mouth ball and was doing sorry things to compensate for it!

LM pretty much stunk up the field. PNG was in the game up until the 3rd qtr. LM should have beaten them easy. if they wanna win state again that D better step up.

I was not impressed at all. Not the LM i'm accustomed to hearing about and watching.

::) ::) PNG Defense played great. Our offense didn't work on all cylinders last night. It makes me laugh when people now are saying LM is weak this year. Give me a break.

Yeah I know Scalp Em'.  Before the game people, were saying that PNG would be blown out, that LM would dominate.  In fact...

PATitan says

"sorry but my coogs are gonna run all over pn-g.

nederland will get embarassed"

And Yeoj said: PNG looses big really big.  The Coogs are to big and fast.  I think Ned will play Bren close for a half and then lose by 10 - 14 pts.

And Piratefan said:  Ned loses by 24 and Png loses by 28!!

And SFA85 said:  It will be alot like last year except the defending champs will put PN-G away early while Those Ice Cream Boys will pull away from the no defense playing bulldogs in the second half.....

NONE of those things happened either.  (And where are they now?)[except for Titan]

But NOW they say LM was small and weak.  THAT sounds more like an excuse to me...AND THEY WON!

I LOVE IT!   ;D

I thought PNG did a great job containing LM last night.  I mean really, except for the scrub TD with 0:35 left in the game, the Indians held LM scoreless for 3 quarters!  And as far as the comments about the game being over by halftime, well I personally did not see any LM fans leaving their seats till about a minute left in the game! 

Despite the lack of offense, I thought PNG held their own against LM and have nothing to be ashamed of.  Once your offense starts clicking, you will definately be a force!! 

Guest bleed orange

The kids have taken over this board and its embarrassing. "Patitan" has butchered the english language and so have many kids who get on on here. We wonder why the American education system is lagging behind. All you have to do is get on here and you will know why. I do not proclaim myself as a educated person but atleast I try to use the english language in a proper manner. I make mistakes like everyone else when it come to spelling but some people on here don't have a clue. No wonder 3rd world countries are ahead of the United States when it come to education and no wonder they are taking our jobs. Society is messed up!!! Wake up young people you are being left behind. Oh by the way I though PNG gave a valiant effort and they should be proud.

The kids have taken over this board and its embarrassing. "Patitan" has butchered the english language and so have many kids who get on on here. We wonder why the American education system is lagging behind. All you have to do is get on here and you will know why. I do not proclaim myself as a educated person but atleast I try to use the english language in a proper manner. I make mistakes like everyone else when it come to spelling but some people on here don't have a clue. No wonder 3rd world countries are ahead of the United States when it come to education and no wonder they are taking our jobs. Society is messed up!!! Wake up young people you are being left behind. Oh by the way I though PNG gave a valiant effort and they should be proud.

So you're blaming all America's ills on PATitan?  Come on man.....

Guest bleed orange

No, not just "Patitan" but on the education system as a whole. Believe me this not the first time I have wrote something about this subject. There is alot of people who get on here and butcher the english language.

Guest bleed orange

I understand it is a "Imformal board" but sometime you can't understand what a person is writing. Would you write that way on a job application? Practice makes perfect. Remember that when you go for a job interview. Use this board to practice your english skills. Whats wrong with that? I do! This board has been very helpful for me as for as the correct grammer is concerned. Just trying to help and I know you did not ask for it. 8)

No, not just "Patitan" but on the education system as a whole. Believe me this not the first time I have wrote something about this subject. There is alot of people who get on here and butcher the english language.

Well Mr. Orange, I'd appreciate it if you would critize those people as well....

Guest bleed orange

Your right, not everone proof reads what they write but they should because it's a reflection on themselfs. Read what you wrote you will see. I am not perfect and don't pretend to be but we need to get back to the old school of doing things. Someday when you have kids you will understand. Maybe you do. When they are young, no problem its when they get older comes the problem. The message board is a great tool in my opinion. Lets use it to our advantage. Not only to voice our opinions but progress our vocabulary. Sorry guys I am getting off my soap box now. Get back to the subject at hand. I am done. MAYBE!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo