Thoughts On Your Team After Week 2?

KFDM COOP

We need to work on fumble drills, first of all.  Make the boys sleep, eat, go on dates with the football with out dropping it one time!  Second is Tackleing.  This practice would be intense all week.  If there was one attempt of an armtackle, your running laps.  Hit and wrap up, please.  Third, would be brain excercises for our OC.  For goodness gratious, if the play hasnt' worked all night long, why are you still running it!

I think Nederland is a little ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point in the season, both with and without our starting QB.  The defense is obviously the strongest phase for us right now.  Those guys are doing great and will only improve as the season progresses.

The passing game is good right now, but not where it needs to be to get us through district.  The good news here is that it will only get better with more practice and more reps and I think fans will see a marked improvement in two weeks when we begin district play.  

Our running game is a little behind what I thought it would be three games into the season.  We have three good back in Breaux, Bass, & Roy, so I know it is only a matter of time till one or more of them starts to make some noise.  

It seems special teams has not been a stong point at Nederland since Curtis Parks graduated, so I see this area as another that needs to focus on getting better to help us get through this monster district.  

Nederland needs to show some improvement in stopping the run. They also need a more aggressive pass rush. I think a better pass rush would shut down a lot of the other team's options. Nederland seems to be able to stop most runs up the middle.

The offense needs a lot of improvement. Some of it is with the inexperience in the line but a lot is with the young quarterback. I think he has shown a very strong arm and accurate. He can do it on the run. He needs to work on technique in getting more planted when he can and he needs to do a better job in spotting downfield receivers. I think it is just inexperience and nothing more. He certainly has as good of skills as any of the Nederland quarterbacks of late.

The good signs are that even with their problems, they have beaten two good teams. They should have beaten Forest Brook by a few touchdowns and did so. No surprise there but they lived up to expectations in starting a sophmore quarterback in his first start.

I think much improvement is going to be needed between now and the time district starts if Nederland is going to challenge for a playoff spot but I think it can happen.

Thank goodness their is no team in 22-4A named the Mustangs!!!

Even in defeat against Friendswood, the Broncos became a much much better team.  The offense was able to move the ball against a very good Friendswood defense.  We did have the ball inside the 10 twice and came away with 0 points.  "Where is the "jumbo formation?".  The running game inside the 10 yard line needs work.

Friendswood did move the ball on us, but three of their touchdowns where set up by long pass plays (two of which was blown coverage).  The defensive line did a very good job against an extremely good offense.

The Broncos have virtually NO kicking game, which might come into play in district.  The Broncos need another Caranco!

The overall speed of this team is better than last year.

That was the difference in the district games the Broncos played.

The other teams just didn't see that many quick players in a game and couldn't adjust.  The result was an offense scoring frequently on slower competition.

Unless the other district teams have improved on their speed they might have trouble again against the Broncos.

Can't wait for 2 Fridays.

With the off week, their are a lot of players on the area teams that need to heal.

Nederland needs to show some improvement in stopping the run. They also need a more aggressive pass rush. I think a better pass rush would shut down a lot of the other team's options. Nederland seems to be able to stop most runs up the middle.

The offense needs a lot of improvement. Some of it is with the inexperience in the line but a lot is with the young quarterback. I think he has shown a very strong arm and accurate. He can do it on the run. He needs to work on technique in getting more planted when he can and he needs to do a better job in spotting downfield receivers. I think it is just inexperience and nothing more. He certainly has as good of skills as any of the Nederland quarterbacks of late.

The good signs are that even with their problems, they have beaten two good teams. They should have beaten Forest Brook by a few touchdowns and did so. No surprise there but they lived up to expectations in starting a sophmore quarterback in his first start.

I think much improvement is going to be needed between now and the time district starts if Nederland is going to challenge for a playoff spot but I think it can happen.

I said something to that effect and I think some people took it as a swipe at him. It wasn't.  Once he gets his timing down and doesn't hold the ball as long, (which is a testament to the pass blocking) and doesn't stare down his receiver he will be fine.  Heck he is only a sophomore!

Ditto.

I like our receiving corp. Broussard, Vidrine Brady have speed and good hands. Cardenas reminds me of Cammack, he's going to make some big plays. 

Vidrine is solid FG kicker for x points and Trahan really had a nice kick that got us out of jamb in the Waller game.

OF line will be allright once it counts. 

Warren has looked pretty good on the defensive side of the ball.Offensively we have got to finish drives.We have had way to many trips inside to 10 and came up empty.Most of our offensive scores have came on big plays.These kids still have the potential to be pretty good.They will have to play better offensive ball though to make the playoffs in a very even 24aa district.

For the Bears, they must get a handle on the ball. Any team in the district will be hard to beat, we cannot turn the ball over like we have done the first 3 weeks. But i feel the coaches know this, and I am in the stands so they probably don't need my input. I will be there to cheer 'em on because it is up to our young men to get the job done! It is going to be a GREAT YEAR  of football. Let's enjoy!!

WH can play with any team in their district and I give them a 98% chance of making the playoffs. Their difficult schedule (especially this year) will help them gear up for the district run. The offense will have to pick it up to get past the first round. We've got to find some playmakers and some heart. Play scrappy and knock some heads, boys. That's what you're known for anyway.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham