Hey Coop storm coming to gulf

Guest football09

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grammar Nazi (mockingly, grammer natzee; alternatively capitalized and uncapitalized), spelling Nazi, and language Nazi are all terms used to describe a participant in a discussion (usually online) who criticizes or habitually corrects the language usage of another participant. Such a person is often accused of flaming as a result of finding fault with minor details of other participants' messages and often only in opinions with which the accused grammar Nazi disagrees. Participants in these discussions often end up taking opposite sides in a prescription versus description debate, without realizing it.

The many exceptions and intricacies of the English language can present a problem for even the most experienced user. This, combined with the frequency of typographical errors caused by the desire to post quickly on instant messengers, often makes it very easy to find an error in a message with which to find fault. In other languages, if spelling is not an issue, moods, agreement, diacritics, and tenses provide an ample supply of possibilities for misunderstanding and argument.

Grammar Nazis can sometimes focus solely on the stylistic manner by which an issue comes across, which is viewed at times as an ad hominem attack, but grammar Nazis retort that grammatical and spelling errors and stylistic flaws may make an argument hard to follow, making various people (whether or not they are actually grammar Nazis) want to correct the flaws, and then, after they have sorted out what the substance of the argument in question is, dive into the debate itself.

Uhhhh What? ???

Recent Satellite loops and the Tampa Bay long range radar show that a

non-tropical low pressure system (93L) appears to be reforming off the

southwest coast of Florida. This is an important shift, since it brings the

surface low underneath the upper level low pressure system aloft--the same

kind of situation one finds in ordinary non-tropical "cutoff lows". This is

an unusual event in September over the Gulf of Mexico, and is good news for

those potentially living in the path of 93L. A surface low pressure system

vertically aligned with a cold-cored upper level low will usually take a day

or two to make the transition to a warm-cored tropical storm. During this

kind of transition, rapid strengthening is rare, and the chances of 93L ever

reaching hurricane strength now appear dim. The latest (12Z, 8am EDT)

intensity forecasts from the GFDL and HWRF computer models keep keep 93L

below hurricane strength, as does the 18Z (2pm EDT) SHIPS intensity model.

The HWRF model indicates that 93L will come ashore at tropical depression

strength, and this is entirely possible.

The forecast tracks from the latest cycle of model runs all show a landfall

between central Louisiana and Pensacola, Florida on Saturday morning. The

exceptions are the NOGAPS and ECMWF models, which show a Sunday morning

landfall near the Texas/Louisiana border.

If you don't get it then you never will!!

Hey Ned, read it again. I only changed his words from "us" to hitting "anyone". You have to read his original post to realize that.

You are reading something into it that is not there. I don't play spelling Nazi. It would take up too much of my time but I have a great photo that you can copy if you want to continue to play one.

spelling-nazis.jpg

Guest WeedBegone

Lord who knows. Keeping you clowns in line i guess.  :D

Hey Coop--did you call?  This thread illistrates another reason for being a member of SETX.com  While eaves dropping on the football gossip, I can now ride on the elevator tomorrow and say----Well Cooper said........that is if you dont mind me dropping your name.... ;)

TC184...

Obviously,,I need to upgrade my computer skills... Great picture...

Seriously, I'm in need of someone who can edit DVD's (4) into a highlight video. I made a stab at it....my true persona came out...IMPATIENCE..

I'll pay market rate....I think.

Any takers or leads, please pm me.

Thanks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4