Your High School Mascot.....

hangemhigh

Of course, Inola is 10 miles from Claremore.  I have some Inola friends.  How do you know of Inola?

My aunt and uncle owned a ranch about 3-4 miles north of Inola. They raised Appaloosa race horses. I spent many summers there as a kid and at the race track in Claremore. My aunt and uncle were named Rutherford and are both deceased and buried in Inola.

My aunt and uncle owned a ranch about 3-4 miles north of Inola. They raised Appaloosa race horses. I spent many summers there as a kid and at the race track in Claremore. My aunt and uncle were named Rutherford and are both deceased and buried in Inola.

I have heard of some Rutherford's from Inola, but I don't think I know any of them.  I may very well have passed their place many times along highway 88 as Claremore is north of Inola.  Was their ranch close to Tiawah?

Was the race track the newer one east of Claremore or was it a long time ago when it was in town at the old farigrounds?

I'm stretching back 35 years or more but their property adjoined a paved county road and it would take you to Claremore. They had a huge Dutch barn made of rock that sat on the west side and directly adjacent to the paved county road. They had 4 kids (2 boys & 2 girls) and only one of the boys remains in NE Oklahoma. He sells real estate & lives in Tulsa.

I'm stretching back 35 years or more but their property adjoined a paved county road and it would take you to Claremore. They had a huge Dutch barn made of rock that sat on the west side and directly adjacent to the paved county road. They had 4 kids (2 boys & 2 girls) and only one of the boys remains in NE Oklahoma. He sells real estate & lives in Tulsa.

If it was 35 years ago, the race track was directly across the street from the house I lived in at that time.  We used to walk across the street and lean or sit on the railings of the track as the horses ran by.  We would also walk around the stables and look at the horses.  It is a small world.  I bet some of my older siblings may know of the Rutherfords.  I seem to recall that the Rutherfords were an athletic family.  I actually went to school with a Keith Rutherford for several years, but that was in Claremore.  For reference, I am 40 years old, almost 41 and I have six older brothers and sisters.

If you are still in contact with any of them, ask if they know of the Peaster family in Claremore.  My dad used to own a TV, appliance, and satellite dish business in Claremore.  He still owns a mini-storage in town.

I'm 46 and all my Rutherford cousins are in their mid to late 50's. None of them were into athletics. They were more interested in raising & racing horses.

I'm sure they were familiar with your family's business. Do you remember when the Long's Wax Museum was in Claremore?

I sure do, as well as Dot's Cafe in the same building.  I only moved to SE Texas 4 years ago.  I was born and raised in Claremore.

You may not have gone to this town but my wife is from Pryor, which is just north of Chouteau.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats