WO-S passing game

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ST4life

lol lol not sure yet

if WOS does not have a good passing game than that will give Silsbee a little chance Silsbee lost to PNG and NEWTON because they had good passing ability's and killed evryone else cause they ran Silsbee has been able to stop the run this year

I am not saying that Silsbee will beat WOS but if WOS cant pass than i see this game closer than WOS and K-ville

the deep ball has been a little problem all year.  wos has had some success with the short routes, however we have had quite a few dropped passes.  hypo is a good qb and the receivers are good athletes, maybe they just need to work on their timing a little bit.  imo both the qb and receivers have done an outstanding job this year. 8)

You cant gripe about a kid (Hypolite) who can overthrow recievers that run a 4.3. The kid can throw it a mile. The trend for this team has been getting a little better every week. If Hippo can loft the ball and let the recievers run under it, then shame on our opponents!! Mix that with our out of nowhere unbelievable defense, then you got yourself a dangerous team. ;)

I believe our passing game needs work and hopefully it will get some. I'm afraid that, since we are having success running the ball, that we will abandon the pass. This would be a mistake in my opinion. You can't wait until you have to have it before you throw. We need to be balanced. We can't become one dimensional because you will eventually run up against someone who will stop the run. You can't wait until that point to open up the passing game.

JMO

why is everyone so infatuated with WOS

It's called jealousy. Teams need to find something negative to say about Wo-s so they can feel that maybe their team will have a chance to beat them. Kirbyville fell victim to this believing the hype of people (who probably never seen Wo-s play), saying that they couldn't score. They came on here talking all kinds of noice and see what happened to them against an offense that can't score. Wo-s can pass the ball, passes get overthrown and dropped sometimes, but that's happening with all teams i'm sure. What people are failing to mention though, (cause they are too busy trying to find something negative to say) is that Wo-s receivers are beating defenders by about ten yards each time, just some passes get overthrown. As the season goes on, those passes will connect. No team in this district will put alot of points up against this defense and you won't stop the runniing game that we have with the big three, so why pass?

Our passing game have showed some improvement and will continue. We have already implimented the screen pass which they ate Kirbyville up with. That kept them off balanced and it will eventually open up the long pass because teams will be afraid of the screen. You let us have the screen and it's a foot race after that...you know we win those most of the time. I'm very impressed with this young team, by week ten, they will be a complete team.

Our passing game isn't the best in the district, but we're in the top half statistically. Friday, Hypo was on, but the short and mid-range passes had a bit too much mustard on them. I have no doubt that it will improve.

Offensively, WO-S and Silsbee have almost identical outputs. On the other side of the ball, WO-S has a distinct advantage, giving up just 217 yards and 8.6 points per game to Silsbee's average of 365 yards and 24.6 points.

It will probably be closer than Kville, and anyone has a shot. That said, I'll take the Stangs' D as the deciding factor.

you won't stop the runniing game that we have with the big three, so why pass?

This is the mentality I was talking about. The reason you pass is because, even though there may not be a team in this district that can stop it, someone in the playoffs will. If you put it on the shelf until you have to have it, it will not be there. You must remain balanced, even when you don't have to be.

I agree also..the athletes you have at WOS it dont have to be fancy..I remember when we use to play yall.they would just throw it out to the receiver right down the line of scrimmage.and they would swing the Rb out  and let him make a play.

But you are right when you go to the playoffs you will have to mix it up and get a little more complex

LH mostly runs the ball but can certainly hurt you through the air at the right time.  Even if WO-S just throws the ball 10 times a game and can hit 4 or 5 for good gains it makes a huge difference in the game plan of the defenses they face.

You are correct. The bottom line is that, not only does there need to be the threat, it needs to be a REAL threat. We need to be good at it or at least decent.

I by no means think we shouldn't attempt to pass the ball, but we definately don't have to go for the home run pass all the time. The shorter passes can be just as effective, which is what we have been doing. We have ran into problems when we have tried going for the long bomb down the field. I think you should try it every once in a while, but we can be more successful if we take what the defense gives us. The long passes will come in time. I think people think our offense is so far off talent wise because we don't score as quickly as we did last year, but we was working with a more experienced team last year. Give this team a little time, they will show that they can put up the points. I think if players concentrate a little more when the ball comes to them, more of the passes would be completed. Seems like we try to run before we catch the ball a lot of times.

This is the mentality I was talking about. The reason you pass is because, even though there may not be a team in this district that can stop it, someone in the playoffs will. If you put it on the shelf until you have to have it, it will not be there. You must remain balanced, even when you don't have to be.

I agree. Did you see the passes that Byron Leftwich attempted yesterday. My 8 year old was watching and said he thought he could throw a better pass than that.

I agree. Did you see the passes that Byron Leftwich attempted yesterday. My 8 year old was watching and said he thought he could throw a better pass than that.

Yes, I saw that and it is a perfect example. Those passes were so bad I almost felt sorry for him... almost. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham