Coaches and this forum

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should coaches use this forum to answer fans questions after a game? Win or lose.

No.

For one, I doubt that they have the time. Second, have you seen some of the threads about coaches on here? Just imagine if one of the coaches actually opened himself up for questions from this group. Yikes................

While I think a discussion with a coach in an honest and respectful manner would be very interesting, I don't think it can work in this format.

Id be very surprised if that comes about. First, most coaches are already starting to prepare for the next opponent. Second, why would they want to subject themselves to some of the ridicule that some posters have dished out without the coach being present. There have been some positive comments for some coaches, but alot of negative stuff has been said, too.

alot of times it has to do with players.coaches arent going to come on here and talk about kids that can or cant perform.discipline problems,performance problems,things like that.

Example":why isnt Johnny playing QB?The coach thinks little johnny sucks but he would never say that in public..

why didnt we pass the ball?? truth be told little johnny cant catch..but a coach wouldnt come out and say that.

so TVc is right, not in this format  but maybe in person or someway like that.

some questions could work but the majority wouldn't

No.

For one, I doubt that they have the time. Second, have you seen some of the threads about coaches on here? Just imagine if one of the coaches actually opened himself up for questions from this group. Yikes................

While I think a discussion with a coach in an honest and respectful manner would be very interesting, I don't think it can work in this format.

Your probably right. It would be nice though to hear there explanation for certian things they do in a game. It would probably put to bed alot of arm chair quarterbacking.

There are many coaches on this forum, but they are well behind the scenes.

Don't see the Head Coaches or Offensive cordinators coming on answering why us fans think they should have called that play.

If anyone really needs a direct answer you can go to any school's website, find the coaches email, ask him or her the question and maybe they will answer.

There is a way that such a forum could work but I still don't think that coaches have the time or inclination to do so.

For it to work and be respectful, there would have to be a locked thread for only mods or admins. That part is easy.

Next, if someone wanted to ask a question of a coach, they would have to PM a moderator. The mods/admins could choose a limited number of questions to send to the coach and he could respond. That way, legitimate questions could be asked but you would have a buffer between the members and the coaches to keep out the abuse and accusations.

There is a way that such a forum could work but I still don't think that coaches have the time or inclination to do so.

For it to work and be respectful, there would have to be a locked thread for only mods or admins. That part is easy.

Next, if someone wanted to ask a question of a coach, they would have to PM a moderator. The mods/admins could choose a limited number of questions to send to the coach and he could respond. That way, legitimate questions could be asked but you would have a buffer between the members and the coaches to keep out the abuse and accusations.

that is a good way.But like you said coaches dont have time.and if you are winning then there wouldnt be alot of questions anyway.if you are losing then you wouldnt want to come on here..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43