*WO-S 65 HJ 0 Final/Comments*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totalsportsprogram,  I agree with you after hearing what happened.......... Coach Credeur would never call a time-out with 1:30 left till half up 32-0...... Heck with that thinking we could have beat New Caney,BC,& Cleveland about 82-0.........

To WO-S fans...don't try to explain a classless act....... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Classless.. or working on our game?

Hmm..

Apparently so, and WOS knew that coming into the game and they certainly knew it at 32-0 with 1:30 left in the half.

What goes around comes around.

Can you shut up already and quit crying like a baby. It was the first half, you need to score as much as possible before the half cause anything can happen in the second half of a game. Don't get mad at a team because they was superior and proved it...they did what they was suppose to do. Maybe your coaches should have thrown in the towel at halftime since they didn't have any more heart than the players did. I hate when people talk about running up the score. We had reserves in there and Hj still couldn't stop them...is it their fault that they was just brought up from Jv and would like to show what they can do? If you knew anything about football you would know when you are blowing out a team, you start to work on things for the next game and work on things that your not that strong in. You don't just kneel on the ball for two quarters because a team doesn't have the heart to fight until the end. So stop crying and being a soar loser...I see why teams sometimes have a losing season year after year cause they want to look at what another team did wrong instead of figuring out how to improve themselves. You best believe if we do get beaten, we will fight until the end and not cry because someone continue to score on us. Take your whipping like a man and move on to the next game and try and do better.

Guest totalsportsprogram

Hmmm....must be working on your game.

I can see a situation that will arise in the future/probably the playoffs/where you will be up 32-0 and need to get the ball back right before half from a team that has been physically incapable of keeping you out of their backfield all night.  

Your right, my bad.  At least now you guys will be prepared.

Guest Chaingang Defense

Let's see, Jasper scored 60 something as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess they ran it up to??????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Nobody ran up the score. Oh ok tell the players in the 3rd and 4th Q to take a knee.

So you spent all week with the HJ coaches?  You were in the film sessions and strategy sessions last weekend?  You were there when the coaches supposedly said "There's no way we can win"?

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that physically HJ simply does not match up with WOS.  Anyone who has any clue about football could see what HJ's game plan was.  Use every bit of the clock and keep the ball as long as possible to keep WOS offense off the field.  The same tactic many pro teams use against he Colts and the Patriots.  Bill Belichic could have been coaching and game planning for the Hawks and it wouldn't have changed the outcome. 

Lumberton is actually quite talented this year.  Did you notice that HJ had no one on the offensive line as big as some of WOS receivers?  I guess that is poor game planning and coaching huh?

Just call a spade a spade, calling timeouts to get the ball back, up 32-0 with 1:30 left in the half is senseless.

" It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that physically HJ simply does not match up with WOS.  Anyone who has any clue about football could see what HJ's game plan was.  Use every bit of the clock and keep the ball as long as possible to keep WOS offense off the field.  The same tactic many pro teams use against he Colts and the Patriots.  Bill Belichic could have been coaching and game planning for the Hawks and it wouldn't have changed the outcome..

Wow!! OKay if that was your coaches game plan then they all should be fired. How on earth did they think that they would be able to keep Wo-s defense( one of the best defenses in the state) on the field for a long time. Wo-s has gone against offenses 100 times better than Hj this year and they couldn't manage to stay on the field so how on earth did they think they would accomplish that? You would have been better off just passing the ball. You had a couple passes that work for big yardage, but yet you stop and was crazy enough to believe that you were going to just line up and run on Wo-s with that small offensive line that you spoke of? You keep quoting what goes around comes around, well we know Hj won't make Wo-s pay so I guess you have to hope some other team does so you can get some kind of moral victory. Why don't you go and lobby to the UIL to drop you down to 1A cause your people haven't shown the heart to play at this level. It needs to start with the coaches, stop crying over a game that you knew you was going to get whipped in anyway and try not to let it happen again against Kirbyville.

totalsportsprogram,  I agree with you after hearing what happened.......... Coach Credeur would never call a time-out with 1:30 left till half up 32-0...... Heck with that thinking we could have beat New Caney,BC,& Cleveland about 82-0.........

To WO-S fans...don't try to explain a classless act....... >:( >:( >:( >:(

When would you ever be up on anybody 32-0 unless your playing a playstation game? Classless is coming on here downing a team for playing hard, I'm sorry they decided to have a practice session while they were out there.

Hmmm....must be working on your game.

I can see a situation that will arise in the future/probably the playoffs/where you will be up 32-0 and need to get the ball back right before half from a team that has been physically incapable of keeping you out of their backfield all night. 

Your right, my bad.  At least now you guys will be prepared.

Or how about a situation when you get the ball back and need a TD pass.

God damn im smart

Guest totalsportsprogram

You know what, you guys are right, I am wrong.

The more I have pondered the entire situation the more I realize I know very little about sports in general.

WOS did just right.  They are very good and very talented.  Shame on HJ for not trying and not caring.  Shame on their coaches for giving up.  Shame on the players for playing with no heart.

I now see the error of my ways.  Go Mustangs!

Guest totalsportsprogram

Would someone please show me where I said that WOS ran the score up?  Please?

I disagreed with the fact that the coaches called timeout at the end of the half to get the ball back with the game clearly in hand.  That's it.  You guys keep trying to change what I am saying.  I have yet to say that WOS ran it up. 

I have said several times that I believe kids should never be asked to not play hard or show restraint because of the opponent.  That is the coaches job.

I thought is was unnecessary, you guys disagree.  It is what it is.

That's odd, I saw the so called "tirade" and the players from both teams were gone toward the locker rooms and the only people involved were the officials and coaches. 

"If you don't like it, don't suck"

Seriously, that is the best defense you can come up with for that? 

As I said before, What goes around comes around and You reap what you sow.

So you must be a coach. That explains all of this.

I'm not defending anything. I'm saying that there's no crying in football. What I saw last night was an injustice to those boys perpetrated by a head coach who came in trying to not lose by too, too much. Don't give me this crap about us knowing that you were outmatched. Look at Orangefield last night. Everyone expected them to lose as badly as HJ. Heck, look what HF did to Silsbee.

We also kneeled the ball out inside the five at the end of the game. No, we'll never have a situation where we need a last-second deep ball when we're up 32, but we might need one when we're down 6 or 7. Practice is practice. The HJ DBs seemed well coached if nothing else, so working on something (deep passing) that has been a weakness this year doesn't bother me a bit.

In all honesty, I hope that if we are ever out-matched as badly as HJ fans think they were last night, that the better team runs it and throws it down our throats until we can damn well stop them. If I'm playing anyone at anything and I'm getting whooped, the thing that will piss me off most is when they start running the ball up the middle on every play. If they called a TO and threw at the end zone, more power to em. I certainly wouldn't compound the embarrassment of the score with the embarrassment that will be caused by crying about it afterward. Dry it up and get better.

Would someone please show me where I said that WOS ran the score up?  Please?

I disagreed with the fact that the coaches called timeout at the end of the half to get the ball back with the game clearly in hand.  That's it.  You guys keep trying to change what I am saying.  I have yet to say that WOS ran it up. 

I have said several times that I believe kids should never be asked to not play hard or show restraint because of the opponent.  That is the coaches job.

I thought is was unnecessary, you guys disagree.  It is what it is.

Kinda like the HJ boy's basketball team full court pressing in the 4th quarter while leading by 50 points.

HJ fans, we just have to lick our wounds... we all knew this was coming... apparently the coach knew it was coming too.  I personally don't have a problem with WO-S practicing what they need to work on against us.  Why should it matter whether they score on a 30 yard run or a 30 yard pass.  if anything, they did us a favor.  I'll take trying to stop WO-S's passing game over stopping their running game any day of the week.  Until we're competitive in this district, we have to understand that for many teams, we're only a tune-up game before playoffs... if they can practice something against us that will better prepare them to represent our entire district during the playoffs, i really don't have a problem with that. 

HJ fans, we just have to lick our wounds... we all knew this was coming... apparently the coach knew it was coming too.  I personally don't have a problem with WO-S practicing what they need to work on against us.  Why should it matter whether they score on a 30 yard run or a 30 yard pass.  if anything, they did us a favor.  I'll take trying to stop WO-S's passing game over stopping their running game any day of the week.  Until we're competitive in this district, we have to understand that for many teams, we're only a tune-up game before playoffs... if they can practice something against us that will better prepare them to represent our entire district during the playoffs, i really don't have a problem with that. 

good point

i play recievier for hj and one thing that i saw was a lack of character and class our coach apologized to us about what he said and the way he acted .....the players did not give up we did not lower our heads someof the players did not have faith at all....i was not worried about how bad the score was i gave all i had...i play the game cause i love it...its not if you win or lose..... it is how  you carry yourself in the situation i was very disapointed in the way some people carried there selfs friday but i believe we will bounce back....

*#7*