Where is Tom Halliburton...?

he wrote an article about Jake Hemmings and said he was not playing good this year, wasn't going to make his "superteam" and used the word to describe the way Jake plays as well as the entire team as "nice". He literally used the word around 30 times while proceeding to mention how mean and aggressive Nederland was. it was a sorry article written about a good kid and good football player. Jake deserved better and I think he showed there was nothing "nice" about the way he runs.

If you will notice "Little tommy Tucker halliburton" always tries to draw parallels between incredibly STUPID subjects.  He actually thinks he is funny.  He has been washed up as a sports writer for a long time now.  The article in Fridays paper made no sense whatsoever to anyone with an IQ above 70, and the "nice" article was just plain assinine.  I would challenge "Little tommy" to a debate on this subject any time, place, or forum.  Come out and defend yourself "Little tommy" before you miss your supper.

Tom is sick. He has been diagnosed with cancer a while back.

dang I didnt know that. I wondered why he didnt have a story about the game sat morning. I hope thats not why he didnt write it.  I too dont like how he incorporates those little stories at the beginning and end of all his articles but I think he does a good job to help promote HS football in our area.

I hope some of you guys lay off Tom at a time when it sounds like he may not be doing too well.

Get better Mr. Halliburton.

Sorry to hear about his cancer.  My prayers are with you and your family TH.  I still stand by what I say as well.  He ALWAYS finds a way to put down PNG...I don't understand his strong dislike of them.  I don't think he's a good sportswriter when you take joy in putting down these high school players in print, so that everyone can read it and question their abilities.  Its ok to give stats and such, however, when you start using discrediting adjectives in your stories about these athletes, its time to stop writing.  I know a lot of PNG and Nederland fans come together after MCM and support the MidCounty teams....just seems like TH can and will NEVER say anything good about PNG, IMO.

Tom does not have cancer. I know Tom very well and he is still working hard at the News. He has been sick but does not have cancer from all that I know.

Please do not bash someone when the facts are not all out there. Yes he does little stories inside a game story but writing is all about telling stories.

Tom has done a lot with me over my career and I know for a fact the area is lucky to have him around.

Tom does not have cancer. I know Tom very well and he is still working hard at the News. He has been sick but does not have cancer from all that I know.

Please do not bash someone when the facts are not all out there. Yes he does little stories inside a game story but writing is all about telling stories.

Tom has done a lot with me over my career and I know for a fact the area is lucky to have him around.

Sounds good. Just don't bash the kids and I am sure no one would have a problem.

bullet44

Freshman

Re: Jake Hemmings needs 'nice' big game against Nederland

« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:51:21 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey "Little tommy", I remember you stating that Dravanniti Johnson could give a "flying Indian"about playing PNG, I wonder what he thought when those "flying INDIANS" jammed him for a loss on 4th and 2 when they needed a score in the 4th quarter?!  Will you EVER come out and defend some of your ridiculous analagies? 

Good Point!

what facts are out not out there about the article thet HE wrote?

are you defending his article?

The facts I was talking about were of him being sick.

I find it the most disrespectful thing in the world to kick a man while he is sick. Agree with his stories or not, there is not another reporter in Mid-County who does more for those two schools whether you like him or not.

The facts I was talking about were of him being sick.

I find it the most disrespectful thing in the world to kick a man while he is sick. Agree with his stories or not, there is not another reporter in Mid-County who does more for those two schools whether you like him or not.

I find it disrespectful to write a tasteless article on a 17 year old kid.

I find it disrespectful to write a tasteless article on a 17 year old kid.

hey gabe it's not kicking him when he's sick, that's another issue.  by writing the ridiculous things he writes...he opens himself up for whatever he gets...i think he can handle it...he hasn't changed in 20 years, it's just getting worse

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham