SETXSports.com Preview Show - "Lumberton will run the table"

I have been struggling with why the Ned fans are unanimously picking their arch rival PNG.  Duh! I finally figured it out.  Sorry I was so slow.  If Lumberton comes in to the Reservation and beats PNG, it doesn't bode well for the week 10 game in Lumberton on Ned's schedule.  The L'Train isn't going to get any love from Mid County the rest of the way out. 

I have been struggling with why the Ned fans are unanimously picking their arch rival PNG.  Duh! I finally figured it out.  Sorry I was so slow.  If Lumberton comes in to the Reservation and beats PNG, it doesn't bode well for the week 10 game in Lumberton on Ned's schedule.  The L'Train isn't going to get any love from Mid County the rest of the way out. 

Hardin county rules go L Town

You crack me UP!  Unless you live in Mid County, then you cannot begin to understand PNG and Nederland.  Yeah, the one week out of the year, MCM, we are rivals...thats true.  Its a long tradition of 84 years, one of the loooongest high school rivalries in Texas.  However, after that game, Nederland and PNG fans bond together, to lend support for the other.  I think because of this, thats why so many other teams in our district hate the MidCounty teams.  Its not pressing on Ned's mind about the last week of play, they will come out with the win against Lumberton anyway.  The reason L'Train isnt getting any love or respect from MidCounty is because of the way you bash us, added to the fact that you have to earn it....which I doubt, very seriously, will happen this year.  As for the guys on your team, I wish them the best, and an injury free game tomorrow night.

Go Indians!  Go Bulldogs!

l-train has never been to the playoffs or had a rival. One season a dynasty does not make ???

Sad part here is that most of Lumberton supports Nederland, PNG and other local teams come playoff time.  Heck many people in our community today are mid county graduates.  Personally, I supported PNG back in the 70's while living in Lumberton as they made their playoff run in Dallas area.  Don't generalize about the Lumberton community.  This is new ground (undefeated later in the season) for us.

Rivals?  Well we had a good one in Silsbee but classification changes took that away.

Good Luck to all.

Guest maverick24

You crack me UP!  Unless you live in Mid County, then you cannot begin to understand PNG and Nederland.  Yeah, the one week out of the year, MCM, we are rivals...thats true.  Its a long tradition of 84 years, one of the loooongest high school rivalries in Texas.  However, after that game, Nederland and PNG fans bond together, to lend support for the other.  I think because of this, thats why so many other teams in our district hate the MidCounty teams.  Its not pressing on Ned's mind about the last week of play, they will come out with the win against Lumberton anyway.  The reason L'Train isnt getting any love or respect from MidCounty is because of the way you bash us, added to the fact that you have to earn it....which I doubt, very seriously, will happen this year.  As for the guys on your team, I wish them the best, and an injury free game tomorrow night.

Go Indians!  Go Bulldogs!

I know lots of Ned and png fans and all the ones I know say they will never pull for the other side so it must just be the younger age group.

I know lots of Ned and png fans and all the ones I know say they will never pull for the other side so it must just be the younger age group.

pnglumberton-copy.jpg

Watch and see how we support each other when we go into the playoffs.  Unless you live here, you don't know what you are talking about.  You evidently don't know many fans from MidCounty .  Scalp 'em, NDN'S !

This district is too tough for a team to go through undefeated.  I dont' believe that any team will.  Lumberton is good, dont' get me wrong.  I think that by the game being played at the Rez will have an effect on the game.  L-train won't derail, but it will temporarily stall this week. 

This district is too tough for a team to go through undefeated.  I dont' believe that any team will.  Lumberton is good, dont' get me wrong.  I think that by the game being played at the Rez will have an effect on the game.  L-train won't derail, but it will temporarily stall this week. 

your saying that no team will go undefeated in this district, but if lumberton doesnt beat PNG than who will?

Guest maverick24

your saying that no team will go undefeated in this district, but if lumberton doesnt beat PNG than who will?

Wouldnt count on beating Dayton or Central just yet!

Guest TravelingBandsman

We still meet eachother in the final game of district if you're still undefeated. That could make it the no-undefeated season there.

Hey mav24 we're not counting on beating dayton or central yet...one week at a time...and it's the "i think i can, i think i can, i think i can" little train Friday night.  By the way has L(ittle)-train ever been to the playoffs, and how many playoff games have y'all won? Care to compare?  Your the one who knows all the stats and rankings, check it out dog!

Guest maverick24

Thats why people think you are a  if you think something that kids did last year or ten years ago will help you tonight you probably wont be smart enough to make it to the game. The Past is the past get over yourself NOTHING will help you tonight. L-Train is coming.

eat your words mav24.  i was at the game and saw you guys get hammered.  you talk so much crap and can't back up any of it.  by the way #33 ran right over your #6 on the goal line, he was flat on his back and didn't know where to go when he got up.  i'm sure you felt that way too...were you and your little train  able to find your way back to the woods after the game?  I TOLD YOU SO...and you do have another loss coming your way...guaranteed!!

"Lumberton will run the table"

TERMINATED!

Lumberton must feel like the Cunjuction Junction man on school house rock....

BUT, if our guys didn't get run over by the Indians

AND, we still beat Dayton (not saying anything about Dayton playing with a third string QB and having to wait till the last 1 minute to FINALLY find paydirt with the winning TD)

OR, Lordy Lordy, I hope we can beat Nederland, if not, our playoff dreams are TERMINATED

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43