Legal

Guest Hatchet

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tobacco?  That's a parent issue.  if the parent thinks he shouldn't play, so be it.  I think the parent should be the one to fix the appropriate punishment in this case.  And I wouldn't ruin the kids whole year over it and I don't think letting him play will ruin his whole life.    Get real

I read it, Hatch.  What do you suppose those actions were?   Could have been that he tried to hide it or throw it away.   We just don't know.  Has this kid ever been in trouble before?  Don't know that either.  Is he a good student?  Is he guilty of the allegations at all?

If you will read my posts, all i have tried to say is,  we don't have enough facts to judge this thing.  He might be a bad kid who deserves what he gets.  i find it interesting that the coach bailed him out.   No parents there?  Maybe he needs an authority figure in his life, and the coach sees this.  Stop judging everythinmg so quickly.

Guest Hatchet

Come on now.  HE GOT ARRESTED!  Quit making excuses.  He has been arrested before according to the other website.  The point being,  if it is true that the coach bailed him out, that is probly a uil violation.

First of all he was arrested at a rodeo for having a cigarette. He happens to be black and you can not tell me that there were no other minors with tobacco products at this particular event. There where enough minors with dip there that nothing happened too. So the kid got a little upset because he felt like he was being singled out. The cop that arrested the young man in question have some history together so it was definitely a little more personal than most people know. The coach did not bail the kid out. All of the charges were dropped and the kid was let out. Lets not paint all kids with the same brush.

First of all he was arrested at a rodeo for having a cigarette. He happens to be black and you can not tell me that there were no other minors with tobacco products at this particular event. There where enough minors with dip there that nothing happened too. So the kid got a little upset because he felt like he was being singled out. The cop that arrested the young man in question have some history together so it was definitely a little more personal than most people know. The coach did not bail the kid out. All of the charges were dropped and the kid was let out. Lets not paint all kids with the same brush.

If the charges were dropped, why is he telling the teachers that he bailed himself out?  That is what he is saying at school.  By him saying that the charges were not dropped.

If the charges were dropped, why is he telling the teachers that he bailed himself out?  That is what he is saying at school.  By him saying that the charges were not dropped.

Posting bail has nothing to do with charges being dropped so don't confuse the two.

To post bail is to put up security money in exchange for your freedom. If effect, you are posting a monetary pledge to return to court to plea guilty or not guilty. If you don't return to court, you forfeit the money and they issue a warrant for your arrest.

At a later time, the prosecutor will look at the case and determine whether to take the offense to court. The prosecutor can go ahead with the charges or drop them. That is when charges are dropped, not at the time of bail.

Posting bail has nothing to do with charges being dropped so don't confuse the two.

To post bail is to put up security money in exchange for your freedom. If effect, you are posting a monetary pledge to return to court to plea guilty or not guilty. If you don't return to court, you forfeit the money and they issue a warrant for your arrest.

At a later time, the prosecutor will look at the case and determine whether to take the offense to court. The prosecutor can go ahead with the charges or drop them. That is when charges are dropped, not at the time of bail.

Thank you for your point. 

My point is this, the charges may have been dropped at a later date.  The kid is telling everyone at school that he bailed himself out not the coach.  If the charges were dropped, why would he have to post bail?  That is my question and concern.  The story seems really cloudy.

................  The kid is telling everyone at school that he bailed himself out not the coach.  If the charges were dropped, why would he have to post bail?  That is my question and concern.  The story seems really cloudy.

He had to post bail to get out of jail immediately. The decision to drop charges aren't made until a prosecutor looks at the case.

Assuming that the kid was arrested for Minor In Possession of Alcohol, it is the equivalent of a traffic citation. In most cities, that carries about a $25-$50 bond or even your word that you will show back up if you are a resident of that city. You can bond yourself out on a charge like that, literally in minutes.

It maybe be several days later before the prosecutor sees the case and decides if he wants to file the charges in the city or Justice of the Peace court in that jurisdiction or to drop the charges altogether. The prosecutor can drop charges for whatever reason he wishes. It can be because the officer made a mistake, it can be because the kid's parents came in and begged for leniency or it can be because he went to school with the police chief's son. In other words, it is at the discretion of the prosecutor.

In any case, it likely will not be determined until after the kid bonds out. Bonding out on that kind of charge is almost like signing a citation. You could be arrested for a MIP at 2:00pm and bond out by 2:30pm.

He had to post bail to get out of jail immediately. The decision to drop charges aren't made until a prosecutor looks at the case.

Assuming that the kid was arrested for Minor In Possession of Alcohol, it is the equivalent of a traffic citation. In most cities, that carries about a $25-$50 bond or even your word that you will show back up if you are a resident of that city. You can bond yourself out on a charge like that, literally in minutes.

It maybe be several days later before the prosecutor sees the case and decides if he wants to file the charges in the city or Justice of the Peace court in that jurisdiction or to drop the charges altogether. The prosecutor can drop charges for whatever reason he wishes. It can be because the officer made a mistake, it can be because the kid's parents came in and begged for leniency or it can be because he went to school with the police chief's son. In other words, it is at the discretion of the prosecutor.

In any case, it likely will not be determined until after the kid bonds out. Bonding out on that kind of charge is almost like signing a citation. You could be arrested for a MIP at 2:00pm and bond out by 2:30pm.

Thanks for the info. 

Let none of us forget the Duke LaCrosse situation.  4 young men's lives changed and college playing time were completely destroyed by false accusations and a crooked DA.  How do you take back the infractions lodged against them and the entire team for that matter?  Their coach quit, the season was cancelled.  Come to think of it, not just those 4 but the entire season for the rest of the team.  Each situation has to be examined.  Never say never......

Guest tigersvoice

Let none of us forget the Duke LaCrosse situation.  4 young men's lives changed and college playing time were completely destroyed by false accusations and a crooked DA.  How do you take back the infractions lodged against them and the entire team for that matter?  Their coach quit, the season was cancelled.  Come to think of it, not just those 4 but the entire season for the rest of the team.  Each situation has to be examined.  Never say never......

Agree with your point, but, the coach did not quit he was asked to resign or get fired.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham