Most Dominating Team...

ohyehwut

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chaingang Defense

There is no doubt the 4A district is down this year. WOS has beaten Dayton WITH DAYTON'S STARTING QB. WOS would make the playoffs in the 4A District.

There is no doubt the 4A district is down this year. WOS has beaten Dayton WITH DAYTON'S STARTING QB. WOS would make the playoffs in the 4A District.

No doubt Chaingang, the Stangs are tough. Dayton win was big. You can also say the Stangs beat a winless LCM team with a Hail Mary. The Stangs would be tested more in 4A with top tier teams coming at you every week.

Guest BIG HOUSE

If WO-S was in 22-4A this year they would be sitting at the house in 2 weeks :-* :-* :-*

You guys just barely beat Silsbee, whom PNG dismantled..... ;D

Good luck to you guys in 3-A playoffs though.....

If WO-S was in 22-4A this year they would be sitting at the house in 2 weeks :-* :-* :-*

Ummm....  WO-S did kind of beat Dayton 22 to 14 and so far FIVE 22-4A opponents have only managed to put a combined 21 points up against them.

WO-S is 2-0 head-to-head against 22-4A this year and fared better against Dayton than anyone else in that district has so far this season, BEFORE their star player got injured...

I have seen a lot of Jasper teams through the years.  If Jasper is a top 20 team then the competition level is way down this year.  Jasper is improving from last year, but I don't see them as the 14th ranked team in the State.

I havent posted on this subject yet, but I respect Jasper and always will. Last night, that team from Jasper was not the same team in week 2. They were good. They gave us all they had. I see the Jasper/WOS matchups of old in the next few seasons. Congrats to Jasper and Brooks. Yall have turned the corner an hopefully will make the playoffs and represent our district well. The future looks great. :)

Let's think about your "evidence." Hamshire-Fannett put a whipping on Silsbee, so they must be better than we are (even though we beat them 31-7). PN-G squeeked by Vidor, who lost by 40 to Dayton, who WO-S beat 22-14. Interesting.

We haven't lost to a team from that district since we dropped to 3A. In fact, we've beaten the district champs from that district each year since dropping. Add this info to our eight-game winning streak against PN-G, and your little backhanded "good luck" sorta loses its punch ;D

Ummm....  WO-S did kind of beat Dayton 22 to 14 and so far FIVE 22-4A opponents have only managed to put a combined 21 points up against them.

WO-S is 2-0 head-to-head against 22-4A this year and fared better against Dayton than anyone else in that district has so far this season, BEFORE their star player got injured...

Dayton still has probably the best 2 teams in 22-4A to play.  I think WO-S would have a good chance of running the board this year in 22-4A.

Guest Indian Chief

Dayton still has probably the best 2 teams in 22-4A to play.  I think WO-S would have a good chance of running the board this year in 22-4A.

I agree! To good of a Defense.

Guest BIG HOUSE

WO-S fans always bumping..... ;D ;D ;D

Lets see, 1st. Dayton had a 14-0 lead until John Gable was ejected from the game(FACT).

Then you guys beat LCM 6-0(They haven't won o dist. game)  PNG blasted LCM(rain or not PNG would of been the same). ;D

Then you beat Silsbee 17-6(PNG blasted Silsbee). ;D

Bay City beat ya'll and they are 4-4.(with losses to Waller & Brenham,Teams Nederland beat!!!). ;D

So you guys can't talk about weak Dist. or teams......WHO HAVE YOU REALLY BEAT? ; :-*

Prolly would be in the running for 3rd./4th. in 22-4A

WB is the most dominating team in southeast texas they dont get enough pubblicity as they should every time I turn around I see 22-4A teams gettin all the air time or if they do they get a 1min. segment but let it be mid-county maddness. It aint go stop this locamotive from the WB BRUINS. WE WILL JUST KEEP WININNG!

WO-S fans always bumping..... ;D ;D ;D

Lets see, 1st. Dayton had a 14-0 lead until John Gable was ejected from the game(FACT).

Then you guys beat LCM 6-0(They haven't won o dist. game)  PNG blasted LCM(rain or not PNG would of been the same). ;D

Then you beat Silsbee 17-6(PNG blasted Silsbee). ;D

Bay City beat ya'll and they are 4-4.(with losses to Waller & Brenham,Teams Nederland beat!!!). ;D

So you guys can't talk about weak Dist. or teams......WHO HAVE YOU REALLY BEAT? ; :-*

Prolly would be in the running for 3rd./4th. in 22-4A

Regarding your FACT on Dayton, Gable was ejected along with Depauldrick Garrett. We were hurt more. They also had A&M commit Cody Green against us.

Besides - our dominance (this year) has been second-half absolute dominance.

Regarding Bay City, they BEAT BRENHAM. FACT!

Besides, are we just talking about this year? If so, I still think we're in the running.

If this is about the team that is the most dominating year-in, year-out, we're certainly in the mix with a very, very small number of others (Newton, ??). Lest you think we're relying on "ancient history," let's just look at our record over the last decade (1998-2007 week 8). It's 90-20. That's 82 percent. Our record against 4A teams since we became a "little 3A team" is 10-2 (80 percent).

If we're nit-picking, did PN-G "dominate" Vidor? Lumberton? Ozen? PN-G beat Ozen 21-19. Ozen has only won twice this year.

Guest maverick24

This district is very seldom down and its not this year. Yall beat a Dayton team  that had no reason to show yall anything but plain jane Football. Not only Would yall not make the Playoffs yall wouldnt  be close in this District. The only reason yall mouth off is because yall know you cant and dont have to prove it.

This district is very seldom down and its not this year. Yall beat a Dayton team  that had no reason to show yall anything but plain jane Football. Not only Would yall not make the Playoffs yall wouldnt  be close in this District. The only reason yall mouth off is because yall know you cant and dont have to prove it.

Sour grapes from a team that has never beaten us. When someone from that district can pony up enough b@@ls to beat us, you can talk. Dayton had no reason to show us anything but "plain Jane," but they kept the starters in until the bitter end, even though they couldn't register a second-half first down until less than two and a half minutes were left in the game. We "mouthed off" in this thread because it was an open topic and we're a relevant program to the topic. What about you?

From a historical domination standpoint, I'd have to say WO-S.  For the longest, no one in this area could take them, and when PN-G beat them in 1992 it was a HUGE deal.  Until a few years ago, even West Brook couldn't take them on.  If they were back in 22-4A, I'd probably give them the DC last year, and they would be in the thick of it all right now.  Even with PN-G's recent success (playing up or down to the level of the team they are playing), there seems to be a mental block against WO-S.  Or, more than likely, Hooks just has PN-G figured out.

From a recent domination standpoint, I'd have to say West Brook.  They have proven it, no one in this area can take them.

Oh man, Im so jealous and scared I dont have to prove what we have been doing for 30 years....WINNING. Obviously you have no clue. If you want to attach us, then tell your coach to get some cahones and play us. 8) WE WOULD RUN THROUGH  your 4A district.

Man... you have GOT to be kidding!! I don't usually get into these "our team is better than yours" topics, but if you really believe this then you've had your head stuck in a hole for the last 30 years. I get tired of the history lessons under every topic so I'm not going there, but WOS has proven it on the field for years, especially the last 4 or 5 with regards to 22-4A.

Nederland has a playoff run of 11 years straight. If other teams are more dominant, then why don't they own the streak? Some of those teams have even had playoff droughts. If you are not considered dominant unless you win the district crown year after year, then no team meets the qualifications.

A Dominate team is one who brings forth fear out of their opponents. WOS has this. We are known accross the state. Can you say that about Nederland? No offense, but go ask some college coaches, not even in the state of Texas, of who WOS is and who Nederland is. They know West Orange-Stark. I went to Notre Dame the summer of my Senior year. I was wearing our logo shirt. The Notre Dame offensive coordinator asked if I was from West Orange Stark. We have a three headed dragon here. We have the Offense, the amazing Defense, and ultimately the fear factor.

You missed the playoffs the last three years you were in 4a.

If you are going to bring that up, then bring up who we were missing on the defensive side of the ball.  The defense wasn't the same then and you know it.  But, if you want to continue to bring that up to make yourself feel better, that's okay, we'll let ya.  Just know that deep down inside, YOU know why Ned beat WOS.  You know but you just don't want to say it out loud 'cause it hurts.  We understand.  We know at WOS....the situation has been corrected and hey....there's always February...realignment....new teams to play.  Ned vs WOS may be a reality and then we can get down to the brass tacks and put up or shut up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats