PNG and WB HAS SOMETHING IN COMMON

Guest WeedBegone

Guest WeedBegone

WB and PNG are both sitting pretty in their district races while both are also considered to be the top two teams in this area for the larger schools.  So what else do we have in common.

Both have been victorious in games of the week

Both have beaten teams that have been teams of the week

Both are undefeated in district

Neither have yet to be considered a team of the week. 

[move]"Im telling you baby--we get no respect."    ;D [/move]

In memory of the late Rodney Dangerfield

Respectfully Submitted

WeedBegone

another thing i've noticed on here that these two teams have in common is their fans.  PNG is a little more vocal, but for the most part, they're both pretty respectful towards everyone and down to earth.  i haven't had a single problem with any indian or bruin fans.

Guest WeedBegone

another thing i've noticed on here that these two teams have in common is their fans.  PNG is a little more vocal, but for the most part, they're both pretty respectful towards everyone and down to earth.  i haven't had a single problem with any indian or bruin fans.

Thats was nice.  PNG fans remind me of Texas A and M --probably the most loyal in the area.

Patitan thinks us Bruins are lock cock-roaches that come out only when their is company. 

Winning at the Brook has been somethiing that many have been waiting for quite a while.  I guess its hard to be Humble. 

SPEAKING OF HUMBLE    ;D

Guest WeedBegone

here's a little bit of trivia for ya.........does anybody know what PN-G's all time record against WB is?(without having to look it up) Tell you what, We'll get back to that........ ;)

Ok 82 5A  is this going somewhere?  I'm waiting.

no....I was just asking. Thought it might be fun to put some trivia about the two school out there. Nothing sly or devious intended. The answer is 0-8!

I would never have thought that in a million years.  I bet no one has a record anything close to that against PNG.  We must have lucked out and not played them during our down years.

WB and PNG are both sitting pretty in their district races while both are also considered to be the top two teams in this area for the larger schools.  So what else do we have in common.

Both have been victorious in games of the week

Both have beaten teams that have been teams of the week

Both are undefeated in district

Neither have yet to be considered a team of the week. 

[move]"Im telling you baby--we get no respect."    ;D [/move]

In memory of the late Rodney Dangerfield

Respectfully Submitted

WeedBegone

great point

I knew that PNG had never beaten WB, but I didn't know how many times they had played.

And the above summation is correct.  When PNG was 5-A, I THINK Coach Troy was the HC and, although I like him alot, he just never got it on track.  It was also during the times shortly after the big merger of like7 high schools to make 2 in Bmt, and the 1st yr. out of the box WB wins State, so they were obviously good back then.  We couldn't beat our way out of a paper bag. (Prob. about the time that PNG got beat 70-0 by Aldine)

Guest maverick24

Thats was nice.  PNG fans remind me of Texas A and M --probably the most loyal in the area.

Patitan thinks us Bruins are lock cock-roaches that come out only when their is company. 

Winning at the Brook has been somethiing that many have been waiting for quite a while.  I guess its hard to be Humble. 

SPEAKING OF HUMBLE    ;D

Please dont compare the Aggie fans to a HS bunch!

I knew that PNG had never beaten WB, but I didn't know how many times they had played.

And the above summation is correct.  When PNG was 5-A, I THINK Coach Troy was the HC and, although I like him alot, he just never got it on track.  It was also during the times shortly after the big merger of like7 high schools to make 2 in Bmt, and the 1st yr. out of the box WB wins State, so they were obviously good back then.  We couldn't beat our way out of a paper bag. (Prob. about the time that PNG got beat 70-0 by Aldine)

Well, PN-G can at least take consolation in the fact that they don't have the all-time worst record against WB....

The 14 Opponents That Have Never Won vs. West Brook

(0-14-0) Vidor

(0-8-0) Port Neches-Groves

(0-3-0) Houston Smiley

(0-2-0) Atascocita

(0-1-0)  Clear Creek, Clear Lake, Converse Judson, Fort Bend Marshall, Houston Madison, Houston Memorial, Hurst Bell, Mayde Creek, Pasadena Dobie, Pasadena Memorial

Well, PN-G can at least take consolation in the fact that they don't have the all-time worst record against WB....

(0-14-0) Vidor

(0-3-0) Houston Smiley

(0-2-0) Atascocita

(0-1-0)  Clear Creek, Clear Lake, Converse Judson, Fort Bend Marshall, Houston Madison, Houston Memorial, Hurst Bell, Mayde Creek, Pasadena Dobie, Pasadena Memorial

WOW WOS87.......you never cease to amaze me with the great stats you seem to come up with! Great stuff!

This thread reminded me of some stats I put up a couple of months ago.... This was posted at the beginning of the season and I haven't updated it yet...

Unfortunately, you guys don't have the best record against Humble historically.....  Good luck this week!

Most people would probably never guess that Silsbee is actually 2-0-0 against West Brook all-time

BEAUMONT WEST BROOK (26-18-10)

As of September 3rd, 2007, after 25 seasons and 279 total games played, West Brook has played against 54 different football programs.

54 Total Opponents

14 have lost every game played vs. West Brook

26 have a losing record vs. West Brook

10 are tied in wins and losses vs. West Brook

18 have a winning record vs. West Brook

Here are the best and worst records vs. opponents all-time. All of the following were calculated at the end of Week 0 in the 2007 season.

Most Frequently Played Opponents

1. 21 - Beaumont Central

2. 20 - Baytown Sterling

3. 19 - Port Arthur Jefferson

4. 18 - Baytown Lee

5. 15 - Galveston Ball

6. 14 - Vidor

7. 10 - Port Arthur Lincoln

8. 10 - Nederland

9. 10 - West Orange-Stark

10. 9 - Deer Park

Opponents Against Whom West Brook Has the Best Showing

Most games lost vs. West Brook

1. 14 - Vidor (0-14-0)

2. 13 - Baytown Sterling (6-13-1)

3. 13 - Beaumont Central (8-13-0)

4. 12 - Port Arthur Jefferson (7-12-0)

5. 10 - Galveston Ball (5-10-0)

6. 9 - Baytown Lee (9-9-0)

7. 8 - Port Neches-Groves (0-8-0)

8. 8 - Port Arthur Lincoln (1-8-1)

9. 7 - La Porte (1-7-0)

10. 7 - Nederland (3-7-0)

Most Games below 0.500 vs. West Brook

1. -14 - Vidor (0-14-0)

2. -8 - Port Neches-Groves (0-8-0)

3. -7 - Port Arthur Lincoln (1-8-1)

4. -7 - Baytown Sterling (6-13-1)

5. -6 - La Porte (1-7-0)

6. -5 - Galveston Ball (5-10-0)

7. -5 - Port Arthur Jefferson (7-12-0)

8. -5 - Beaumont Central (8-13-0)

9. -4 - Houston Forest Brook (1-5-0)

10. -4 - Nederland (3-7-0)

(0-14-0) Vidor

(0-3-0) Houston Smiley

(0-1-0)  Atascocita, Clear Creek, Clear Lake, Converse Judson, Fort Bend Marshall, Houston Madison, Houston Memorial, Hurst Bell, Mayde Creek, Pasadena Dobie, Pasadena Memorial

Opponents Against Whom West Brook Has the Worst Showing

Most games won vs. West Brook

1. 9 - Baytown Lee (9-9-0)

2. 8 - Beaumont Central (8-13-0)

3. 7 - Port Arthur Jefferson (7-12-0)

4. 6 - Humble (6-1-0)

5. 6 - Baytown Sterling (6-13-1)

6. 5 - West Orange-Stark (5-5-0)

7. 5 - Galveston Ball (5-10-0)

8. 5 - Beaumont Ozen (5-3-0)

9. 4 - Lufkin (4-0-0)

10. 4 - Galena Park North Shore (4-2-0)

11. 4 - Kingwood (4-4-0)

The 28 Opponents Without a Losing Record vs. West Brook

(ranked by games above 0.500 vs. West Brook)

+5 - Humble (6-1-0)

+4 - Lufkin (4-0-0)

+3 - Spring Westfield (3-0-0), La Marque (3-0-0)

+2 - Silsbee (2-0-0), Nacogdoches (3-1-0), Katy (2-0-0), Galena Park North Shore (4-2-0), Beaumont Ozen (5-3-0)

+1 - Spring (1-0-0), Port Arthur Memorial (3-2-0), Houston Lamar (1-0-0), Cypress Falls (1-0-0), Channelview (1-0-0), Alief Hastings (1-0-0), Aldine Nimitz (1-0-0), Aldine Eisenhower (1-0-0), Aldine (1-0-0)

0 (tied) - West Orange-Stark (5-5-0), Kingwood (4-4-0), Houston Yates (3-3-0), Houston Sterling (1-1-0), Dickinson (1-1-0), Corpus Christi Carroll (1-1-0), Clear Brook (1-1-0), Beaumont French (2-2-0), Aldine MacArthur (2-2-0), Baytown Lee (9-9-0)

West Brook vs. Opponents by County

(ranked by most total games played)

127 games - Harris County (70-56-1) 55.51%

89 games - Jefferson County (58-30-1) 65.73%

24 games - Orange County (19-5-0) 79.17%

22 games - Galveston County (13-9-0) 59.09%

4 games - Nacogdoches County (1-3-0) 25.00%

4 games - Angelina County (0-4-0) 0.00%

3 games - Fort Bend County (1-2-0) 33.33%

2 games - Nueces  County (1-1-0) 50.00%

2 games - Hardin County (0-2-0) 0.00%

1 game - Bexar County (1-0-0) 0.00%