WB BRUINS VS channelview

Guest WeedBegone

Pres Lincoln = President Abraham Lincoln.  The 16th President of the United States... ;)

Anyway, the band is definitely ready for Friday night.  Some of us may be a little emotionally unstable  ;D but, hey, at least we've got those emotions flowing.  That's the way it needs to be.

And! We're more than ready for the first playoff game.  We heard today that we will be playing South Houston at Stallworth Stadium on Nov 17 at 1 PM (we're visitors).  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at both the Channelview and the S.H. game!

are these just rumors or is this confirmed? I know we'll probably be playing South Houston, but where did the time and date come from? To my knowledge, that hasn't been discussed yet. I just checked, and they're definitely in the postseason at 6-3 and 4-2. I just didn't know they had already decided on a time and date.....just checking! 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just questioning what scenario would put us in Division1. We are ranked 6 out of 8 schools as far as attendance. Memorial and Channelview(who are both smaller than us) would both have to make the playoffs for us to go big school. The likelyhood of that happening is extremely remote. So I would venture to say that we're going small school.

OK, this is what would have to happen for WB to go Div 1...........as it is Kingwood and Humble are slated to go Division 1. Humble so because of their record at 5-1, and Kingwood because they only have to beat Sterling to be 4-3 in district(currently they are 3-3). And also because they are larger than us. So, Kingwood would have to lose to Sterling, leaving then with a 3-4 district mark. Then Lee would have to lose to Atascocita, leaving them also at 3-4. PAM would have to beat Humble, therefore putting them at 4-3 in district, and Channelview would have to beat WB, also leaving them with a 4-3 district mark. IF all that were to happen then the final playoff standings would look like this.....WB 6-1, Humble 5-2, Channelview 4-3 and PAM 4-3, Lee at 3-4, and Kingwood at 3-4. Now, because Channelview and PAM are both smaller in attendance than WB, they would both go Division 2. Thus leaving WB, although we are the 6th smallest school in the district, and Humble to go Division 1. Did I lose anybody there? ;D With that being said, it's a very unlikely scenario for us to go Division 1!

Guest WeedBegone

I have a great idea.  Lets get a couple of thousand fans to the channelview game Friday night and meet and discuss the playoffs there.  I have heard all the way from Arkansas that the cv folks have already taken the Brook lightly knowing that we are looking ahead--just like WB did last year. If 82 5A is correct and we all know Memorial has the players to win,  then cv has an opportunity spoil things again.  

All those in favor for a road trip to cv---say Beat cv!! or something like that.  :D

Guest WeedBegone

well, gimme a call when you get there.....you can sit with me and WBbear again!!! Anybody else?

I will be looking for you--get more details Friday

This was found in the Humble observer a few weeks ago--they used WB as an example as to what cv did to us last year. 

The Falcons were largely overmatched last year but adjusted as the season went on and stunned Beaumont West Brook 43-42 in the season finale, preventing West Brook from winning the outright district title.

Must we continue to live with this?  I say Blue Shirt with the Red A$$ as the colors for Friday

Guest WBFan09

well, gimme a call when you get there.....you can sit with me and WBbear again!!! Anybody else?

considering we are a more second half team it will depend on how the games going to wether or not ill come sit with yall in the 1st half...i know how you get 82 ;D

Guest Robert Plant

I will be looking for you--get more details Friday

This was found in the Humble observer a few weeks ago--they used WB as an example as to what cv did to us last year. 

The Falcons were largely overmatched last year but adjusted as the season went on and stunned Beaumont West Brook 43-42 in the season finale, preventing West Brook from winning the outright district title.

Must we continue to live with this?  I say Blue Shirt with the Red A$$ as the colors for Friday

Ah crap! I gotta work. PM cell #s please. I'll need info :P

Guest WeedBegone

Time for a commercial break.

Speaking of voting---I would like to propose a toast to all the Lumberton fans for such a great season.  But of coarse they would have to come to Beaumont to receive it.  We appreciate your business.

Back to the 5-day BRUIN vs cv Pep rally.

If the fans could actuallly get into the game... more so than this past week, it would encourage the cheerleaders to be more spirited. Usually the crowd just sits there and the football team notices it as well. Support from the audience really fires everyone up. So please show you're pride in our boys and all the hardwork they do..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43