WB BRUINS VS channelview

Guest WeedBegone

Guest WeedBegone

This will send a message to our first opponent in the playoffs we will call it" THE GREAT WALL OF RED AND BLUE "  ;D and every time WB makes a big play everyone will stand up and point to the other side of the field. ;D

The more I read this and think of how they beat us last year--and i do remember that sorry pass interference call---i am all for the wearing Red and Blue.  I think I will wear my Blue shirt and tuck in in over my 1 year long Red A$$.

PAY BACK TIME FOR THE BRUINS.  !!!  8) 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Friday's game will be a great chance to get our revenge against Channelview, and to get those teams in our playoff bracket to fear us whether we will play them or not.  We need to keep this spirit moving all the way through the playoffs and for years to come.  So many 5A's don't respect us because of our aging facilities and our less than great performance several years ago.  This is a great time to force all the 5A's in Texas to fear the name "West Brook."

Guest WeedBegone

This Friday's game will be a great chance to get our revenge against Channelview, and to get those teams in our playoff bracket to fear us whether we will play them or not.  We need to keep this spirit moving all the way through the playoffs and for years to come.  So many 5A's don't respect us because of our aging facilities and our less than great performance several years ago.  This is a great time to force all the 5A's in Texas to fear the name "West Brook."

Hey --i think you have something here --to fear--is to hear.  Need to find a way to get the cheerleaders to  make a bout 4 big Q cards that say WEST  and BROOK and let the croud get into the game  as they chant. Can we get this put into the action? 

[move]WEST  BROOK        WEST BROOK    WEST BROOK [/move]

Guest WBFan09

BROOK fans help me step this up we need to let 5A know how good we are...no one considers us a force and im one of few brook fans on this site

5atexasfootball.com

let our region hear how we can play with the best of them

Guest WBFan09

the fact is that our secondary is starting to look at the QB and read his eyes and thats why we had more INTs last game so Channelview is really in trouble if they think that exploiting our secondary is the way to go

i know one of the asst coaches at Chanelview and they really think that they can exploit our seconday with Loudd. Again, the key is to shut down Hinton. This coach told me that last year they should not have been on the same field with the Brook. Because of the surprising win last year the kids are confident that they can do it again. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.  I will be there and be there early.

OK, now that I have my computer back (sure missed you guys) I have but one thing to say to the Falcons and their fans......."are you all on crack?...do you really think this is gonna happen two years in a row?" WB played a very good Humble team on Friday and shut them down in the second half. The Bruins WILL be the outright 21-5A District Champions. Try as you wish to prevent that from happening, but if you do YOU WILL FAIL! I will be there on Friday to wave the victory banner for the Bruins and say "I told ya so!" Look out Falcons, the Bruins are coming and they're loaded to make sure you stay on the endangered species list. Good Luck on Friday. If I was your coach, I'd make a request to the UIL to go back to 4A where you belong, 'cause you just cant hang! >:(

Hey --i think you have something here --to fear--is to hear.  Need to find a way to get the cheerleaders to  make a bout 4 big Q cards that say WEST  and BROOK and let the croud get into the game  as they chant. Can we get this put into the action? 

[move]WEST   BROOK          WEST BROOK    WEST BROOK [/move]

I'm pretty sure we have signs that say west, brook, d , and a fence, and bruins..

Guest WeedBegone

I'm pretty sure we have signs that say west, brook, d , and a fence, and bruins..

:-[  Maybe we need to pay better attention.  Make sure you bring em and we will help you help us make some noise.  I am normally all over the palce and rarely in the stands--but Friday, I am going to be loaded with Red bull and  Blue clothes to support those BRUINS.  I hope the work continues to get out that we want this game to make a statement that WB isfor real. 

And thanks for your post--hope to see many more.  We need many more of you on this forum. 

As a member of SoundPower, I've noticed that many people in the crowd don't participate in either the school song or Paw Power with the hand gestures.  We can all wear the same colors, and we'll be pretty scary.  But if we can get everyone in the stands to do the "Number One" for the school song and "the claw" for Paw Power, we will scare the hell out of the so called "mighty falcons".  We have to be completely united to be a real threat to not only the Channelview team but also the opposing crowd.

Guest WeedBegone

As a member of SoundPower, I've noticed that many people in the crowd don't participate in either the school song or Paw Power with the hand gestures.  We can all wear the same colors, and we'll be pretty scary.  But if we can get everyone in the stands to do the "Number One" for the school song and "the claw" for Paw Power, we will scare the heck out of the so called "mighty falcons".  We have to be completely united to be a real threat to not only the Channelview team but also the opposing crowd.

Great post BRUINPRIDE08.  I am a big supporter of Soundpower.  Cooked a couple of dogs last week for them. Your post helps get the word out as to what the significance of the #1 and the Paw.  Now the readers of this great forum can spread the word.  many fans have not known there was even a difference.  Keep Posting and you will be an instrumental (w/pun for soundpower) part of growing the traditions of SETX #1  5A program.  See you in Disney.

OK Bruin Fans read these post and get the word out--this entire week is WB yell practice.  Now go recruit more readers and also we could use a few more posters like BruinPride and WBCheer.  JOIN the Forum.

Dont need a gym nor a school to have a pep ralley.  GO BRUINS----PAY BACK TIME in cv  FRIDAY--BE there in your RED and BLUE>

Thanks for the hot dogs WeedBeGone, its nice when the schools shows some support for all the hard work we put in during the year. 

Now, to the comments that we can't be heard in the stands (this comment seems to have been deleted).  First, there is very little pride in the band (just as the blogger stated), and I think its safe to extend that all the way to the majority of the Stars and cheerleaders, too.  (I'm sorry for being so blunt)  There is spirit in these organizations, but not like there use to be.  Its a travesty really.  I don't know why its become like this, but I would guess its because the parents are forcing these kids into the band and they don't want to be there.  I want to be there!  I would rather go to a game with 30 or 40 band members who had enough spirit and were at least willing to try to play and perform than with 160 band members who are just in it because their mommy said so.  Second, you can't hear us in the stands because we are playing toward a big empty section of the visitors section.  I'm no engineer, but I think its safe to assume that not much sound is going to bounce back from the seats or the houses behind them.  But, I know you can hear us on the field.  I have the tapes to prove it!  So lets show a little bit of Bruin spirit for the fight song and paw power when you hear us on the field even if you don't like our drill music.  And FYI, the stars always participate in our songs, you can always glance down towards them just to see what's going on if you can't hear us at all.

Also, we don't play a lot of the time because we will not play when our team has the ball (which seems to be most of the game lately). But when the visitors have the ball...well, that's the director's call.

But in the end, I agree with you.  I wish we could be the big, loud, professional, and crowd-pumping band that a 5A Varsity band ought to be.  But we try anyway, even if its not always enough.  But one day we'll be with our Bruins in the state championship game with everyone else, blaring paw power the entire time!

That was me....I deleted my own post. After I looked at it, I decided that I did not want to appear negative, so I deleted it. I do agree with you, however, about only putting band mambers on the field that actually want to be there. By forcing certain students to participate in something that they dont want to, just hurts everyone that wants to be there. There is very little pride in the band, and that starts at the top, IMO. I can respect that you want to be there, but you're one of the few that does, and you're the one's that are suffering. As far as not being heard....well, I'll sit in the stands and participate when Paw Power and the fight song are played and I'll be just as happy as a lark. Dont give up on the band, though........things are certain to change in the future for the better(hopefully). In the meantime, play what they tell you to play.....but play L O U D !!! ;) Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intent. Rock on SoundPower!!!!!! ;D

Guest WeedBegone

Wo there fellers.  The funeral is over.  And new life has just begun.  BruinPride--just keep doing what your doing and that is--get the word out.  Your word is Pride--and share it so  it will spread.  Dont be afraid to pick it up few notches.  Now 82 5A did have a few toes to step on and I agree that it was a good thing to remove it. 

Forget the recent past as both of you are on the right track with the desire to get the spark back into school spirit.  This week is the perfect time to for all of the units on and off the field to ban together and not only re-kindle some ot the old spirit, but to also improve upon it and set the stage for the future.  Think of the band, and fans, stars, and cheerleaders, and players all as one unit.  Now you have SOUNDPOWER.  It begins not by pointing blame, but by sharing fame. 

Now get in the faces of those next to you and spead the Victory Virus.  We gonna go to cv and kick some behind.  I'll say it again, The WB caravan needs to pass through  cv like its a door mat in front of a WH--- house on nickle night. 

This is YELL practice in SETX---get in here and show your stuff BRUIN fans.

I'm afraid that some people may have misinterpreted me and the state champ's discussion.  I don't believe he stepped on anyone's toes.  He said exactly what needed to be said.  I've heard many people, including my own parents, say the same thing.  I just wanted to clear up some of those points for everyone in SETX.  And I'm proud to have someone in BMT who cares about WB and the band that supports it.  Kudos to him! 

But the point of this is unity, and the only way to get there is if we work through our differences.  This is what just happened.  We found the common ground that is our Bruins and we've cleared everything up.  Pres Lincoln once said "A house divided against itself cannot stand."  We are unifying like never before because of a common, shall we say, opponent.  This is what needs to happen all across Bruin Country!

I will be there on Friday and so will SOUNDPOWER.  Playing loud (just ask the Stars), and shoving Paw Power down the throats of the Falcons.  We will be there, come hell or high water, forever.

Last Friday night was a great building block for WB.  The band was into it, the cheerleaders were into it, the Stars were into it, the dads, moms, gmas, and gpas were into it, the guy selling hot dogs was into it, the annoucer was into it, and oh yes the coaches and players were into it.

Keep that spirit up and this team will continue to feed off of it.

Pretty soon this team will be known by more than just the best team in SE TX.  They will be the best team in the state of Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest WeedBegone

Ok--Bruin fans--its Tuesday and Day2 for this weeks Yell practice. To summarize yesterday, I believe we have the band on the right pathway to Friday--a bit emotionaly unstable (just kidding) but i believe they are going to be there.  We had a post from what appears to be representing the cheer leading squad.  1st post so we have grown in the forum.  Looks like the word is out.  4 days to kick off for the Bruins.

4 days left in cv season and I do not like eating  CROW.

p.s.  Who is Pres Lincoln?  ;D

Go Bruins!!!

Pres Lincoln = President Abraham Lincoln.  The 16th President of the United States... ;)

Anyway, the band is definitely ready for Friday night.  Some of us may be a little emotionally unstable  ;D but, hey, at least we've got those emotions flowing.  That's the way it needs to be.

And! We're more than ready for the first playoff game.  We heard today that we will be playing South Houston at Stallworth Stadium on Nov 17 at 1 PM (we're visitors).  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at both the Channelview and the S.H. game!

Guest Robert Plant

I just wanted yall to know, I like yall's announcer.  He gets really fired up over a WB first down!  I got hyped listening to him!

That would be Donnie Warner. I think that's the only time he speaks. j/k :D  Really, ya can never get him to shut up!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43