Liberty vs Shepherd

Guest dailynews

UKCats - all LHSAlum was trying to say is that Liberty's BB team from last year really was not that bad.  They had a 12 - 16 Record with 10 of those games losing by 10 points or less.  And 2 of their losses where to the State Champs HJ - one by only 10 points.  As I have stated several times when Liberty understands that BB is a team sport they will compete with anybody.  Last year the team was close to being a competitive team - it was kinda a tell of 2 seasons - pre-district they were 10 and 8 with the 2 losses to HJ - in district they were 2 and 8 with 5 losses by 6 points or less.  And yes when you are constantly on a losing team sometimes even a close game feels like a win.  I have followed the Liberty Panthers for several years and last year they had the best team they had in 2 - 3 years - teamwork was the problem - can't win if you don't play as a team - thats my take anyway. 

The Freshman team from Liberty has always seemed to be good - the Freshman team that the Sr's from last year was on was undefeated until they moved 2 to varsity that year.  I also think that the last 2 Freshman teams were also very good.  But it has never lead to a good varsity team - record wise - why - your guess is a good as mine.

And I completely understand LHS's line of thinking, but I can remember the teams Liberty had back in 2000 and 2001 when they would score 100 on people. So in the last 5 years they have gone from the top of the district to the bottom. It just seems a little surprising. So yes they may have been slightly competitive, but not anywhere near the team they once were.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats