Lamar soccer coach Matthew Dillon resigns

Guest abovetherim

Guest ECBucFan

It's pretty vague what happened, but I think it's a shame things didn't work out. Two of my kids have been in Coach Dillon's soccer camp, and as far as I could tell, he was a great guy to be around. I encouraged a number of other soccer parents to send their kids... I just hope things can move forward from here, both for Coach Dillon, wife Gena (& son Zack), and the LU players and program.

I don't know how true it is, but the word is that some parents were upset about their children's playing time and went to Tubbs about it.  Tubbs then sided with the parents and encouraged Dillon to play some of these ladies.  If this is true, I'd be outta there, too.  I'd find a better time to do it than he did, but no parent or AD will dictate playing time.

I don't know how true it is, but the word is that some parents were upset about their children's playing time and went to Tubbs about it.  Tubbs then sided with the parents and encouraged Dillon to play some of these ladies.  If this is true, I'd be outta there, too.  I'd find a better time to do it than he did, but no parent or AD will dictate playing time.

Since they weren't winning, why not play everyone.

I would say that there was more to it than playing time.

Hopefully we can get a top notch coach to come in and help us out, but really, the job cannot be very attractive to anyone with any sort of a reputation or head coaching experience.

I also think alot of the girls on this years squad were way out of there depth playing at this level. the key in all collegiate sports is great recruiting, and many of these local girls are just not D1 material. (of course there a few notable exceptions).

That is too bad for the players.  Not only do they have a rough season but the coach walking off the bus before it leaves for the final game, come on now.  Angry or not at the administration there is a certain way to behave not just as a coach but as an adult. 

The next coach is also going to have their hands full with trying to recruit and also put new confidence in the existing players.  I am sure some have questioned whether or not it is worth staying on the team.

Guest abovetherim

You are probably right about the returning players and I've said all I am about the ex-coach. However, a scholarship is hard to turn down. With their record, I highly doubt another school would be interested in most of these young ladies just due to the won-loss record of the program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats