BISD bond passes

Guest abovetherim

Guest coachacola

Full steam ahead with mega growth. LU population will hit +15k within the next 5 years.

I don't know about that.  You're talking about a 8% annual increase.  I would say a 4% to 5% annual increase is more likely.  But it would be nice to see Lamar hit 15K.  They better keep building those dorms.

I don't know about that.  You're talking about a 8% annual increase.  I would say a 4% to 5% annual increase is more likely.  But it would be nice to see Lamar hit 15K.  They better keep building those dorms.

Under normal conditions you may be right, but the next few years will be nothing close to normal. I'm hearing Beaumont might be getting a

new downtown high-rise.

Guest abovetherim

When I was leaving the "other" board I deleted a lot of my old stuff and learned a valuable lesson. Take a day or two to think before you act. Anyway, I deleted a post with a picture of what downtown Beaumont may look like in the next 10 years. It was awesome!

Good job to all of the area residents that voted for the bonds. This entire area has suffered for years having old schools, lack of technology and just an overall ugly appearance. I know we all still call it home, but man if the money is spent right and the area school districts build NEW and IMPROVED schools you will be proud to call it home.  I moved to the Katy area several years ago before moving back for the family. While I was over there I was amazed at the all of the new schools that looked like colleges and the greenbelts that were kept clean and the thriving business industry as well as all of the new homes. I think the golden triangle is on their way to the same thing, but it's just taking a while.

When I was leaving the "other" board I deleted a lot of my old stuff and learned a valuable lesson. Take a day or two to think before you act. Anyway, I deleted a post with a picture of what downtown Beaumont may look like in the next 10 years. It was awesome!

Here it is...Future Downtown Beaumont...hopefully.

http://smallcitytexas.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=479

Guest abovetherim

Here it is...Future Downtown Beaumont...hopefully.

http://smallcitytexas.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=479

Thanks UNLV, that's the picture I was referring to. Awesome!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats