Supreme Court Allows Texas Abortion Law to Stand!!

Reagan

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Again, hopefully the Court will overturn this disastrous Texas law but uphold the Kentucky law as a means to give states more authority. 

Is that House bill 91. That specifies that there is no right to abortion under the Kentucky Constitution

i also saw the “trigger” law as in if sc overturns roe vs wade then an abortion ban becomes effective immediately 

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Is that House bill 91. That specifies that there is no right to abortion under the Kentucky Constitution

i also saw the “trigger” law as in if sc overturns roe vs wade then an abortion ban becomes effective immediately 

KY HB91 constitutional amendment only allows KY to pass an abortion/anti-abortion law…. which they did in  2018. I think that is it one of the United States Supreme Court is debating.

If the United States of Supreme Court upholds the Kentucky 11 week abortion ban as lawful under the United States Constitution, a person in Kentucky could always come back and contest the 11 week ban under the state constitution.  HB91 would nullify any such Kentucky Constitution question because their Constitution says under HB91 that abortion is not a right.

The Texas law is an entirely different ball game.