Rittenhouse gun being destroyed

5GallonBucket

35 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Actually I've got one of his that I'd be willing to part with if you're really serious.

I promise. 

It was really an example…. Someone owning  a gun used by a legendary robber/killer. Nothing dirty about that gun, huh? Rittenhouse’s gun is the epitome of the 2nd Amendment. 

Just now, baddog said:

What a total contradiction. 

not at all.  you said "don't try to make me out to be a bad person".  I'm not trying to make you out to be a bad person, but statements like "he should get his gun back with two notches cut in the butt" and that you'd like to have the gun as a trophy don't make you look good.  those statements don't have anything to do with me at all.  

26 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

not at all.  you said "don't try to make me out to be a bad person".  I'm not trying to make you out to be a bad person, but statements like "he should get his gun back with two notches cut in the butt" and that you'd like to have the gun as a trophy don't make you look good.  those statements don't have anything to do with me at all.  

So you post your opinion saying y comments don’t make me look good is not an attempt to make me look bad? Ok. I disagree. 

This entire thread is why we can't have nice things.....

A 17 year old had the absolute most tragic thing happen to him and it's all on camera, which translates to televisions and cell phones all over the world. Think of the most tragic thing that is happened to you and imagine it filmed and broadcast all over the world.....and your a household name overnight.......

Has anyone on this page been chased by a mob, and had to shoot shoot 2 people, and vaporize someone's arm while trying to make sure you didn't die in the process? 

I find it very, very reasonable he wants everything associated with that night to go away. I've been on these forums many years, and people that say they could kill someone and sleep the next night or it wouldn't bother them....has never killed anyone.

I hope I'm ready to shoot if I'm ever put in that situation....but I hope more I'm never put in that situation.....

3 hours ago, baddog said:

So you post your opinion saying y comments don’t make me look good is not an attempt to make me look bad? Ok. I disagree. 

i'm not attempting to make you look bad, you're making yourself look bad.  it doesn't mean you ARE bad, but my opinion of your comments doesn't have any bearing on how they make you look.  the comments themselves are what does it.  

22 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

i'm not attempting to make you look bad, you're making yourself look bad.  it doesn't mean you ARE bad, but my opinion of your comments doesn't have any bearing on how they make you look.  the comments themselves are what does it.  

So if I say some of your posts on here make you look stupid (example only) that isn’t me calling you stupid? Really?

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

So if I say some of your posts on here make you look stupid (example only) that isn’t me calling you stupid? Really?

If I make a post that says "Don't try to make me out to be stupid for this, but..." and then say something stupid, you can call me whatever you want, it's not you who's making me look stupid.  You've accused me of trying to make you look bad, but obviously you said "don't try to make me out to be a bad person for this" because you knew what you were saying was questionable.  To me your previous quote in the thread about giving the gun back to him with notches in the stock made you look a lot worse, but wanting to celebrate this event by suggesting someone display the gun as a trophy is in poor taste as well.  

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

If I make a post that says "Don't try to make me out to be stupid for this, but..." and then say something stupid, you can call me whatever you want, it's not you who's making me look stupid.  You've accused me of trying to make you look bad, but obviously you said "don't try to make me out to be a bad person for this" because you knew what you were saying was questionable.  To me your previous quote in the thread about giving the gun back to him with notches in the stock made you look a lot worse, but wanting to celebrate this event by suggesting someone display the gun as a trophy is in poor taste as well.  

I was going off the feedback I got from making my post, you especially. I don’t think for minute what I said was bad. Government trying to take guns while protecting the rioters, looters, and in this case, child molesters, while stomping on our constitution and 2nd Amendment, it was inevitable for something like this to happen. Notches for the two pervs who attacked  him, I stand by that. If that makes me look bad to you, so be it. You are entitled to your opinion as I am. 

26 minutes ago, baddog said:

I was going off the feedback I got from making my post, you especially. I don’t think for minute what I said was bad. Government trying to take guns while protecting the rioters, looters, and in this case, child molesters, while stomping on our constitution and 2nd Amendment, it was inevitable for something like this to happen. Notches for the two pervs who attacked  him, I stand by that. If that makes me look bad to you, so be it. You are entitled to your opinion as I am. 

yup, I am.  

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I haven't heard anything about a civil suit, but i've got the opinion that if the families of the "victims" haven't sued KR already, they definitely would if he made any money from the sale of the rifle. 

Unless they have a law like Texas that if there is a ruling that it was lawful self-defense, you cannot sue.