Brian Flores Debacle

CardinalBacker

I was eating my cheerios and watching the CBS morning show and they brought on Brian Flores, the recently fired head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

For those that don't know, Flores is African American and fired after having a 10-win season in 2021.  He was brought on to discuss the multi-million dollar lawsuit that he filed yesterday against the NFL, Dolphins, and pretty much anybody else accusing all of "racism."  It's basically the Colin Kapernick lawsuit with the names switched out.  If you'd been paying attention you'd know that Flores was a disgruntled employee in Miami who couldn't work with franchise QB Tua Tagovailoa.  If you skim the pleadings you'll also realize that the coach had a problem with ownership regarding the direction of the team.  He's also included the Broncos org in his lawsuit for not hiring him as well. The NFL, as it puts, is racist.  

I didn't notice where Flores had problem with the fact that AAs millionaires make up the majority of NFL rosters.  I guess he's willing to let that slide....  It's also laughable that of the 9 coaches fired after the season, he was the only one was fired racially, I guess... because the rest weren't black.  

My scenario is this... if you have a position to fill, you don't want to fill it with friends, family, or anybody closely affiliated to anybody we work with... that person becomes untouchable regardless of their performance.  If you hire a client/friend's kid who turns out to be worthless, you can't fire them without damaging your company financially or politically.  It's why a lot of companies don't want to publicize their openings.  

If you have to choose between two candidates and one of which is practically guaranteed to sue you on allegations of racism if it doesn't work out, which one should you hire?

This is what happens when you hire people because of their race.  It doesn't matter that you hired them in the first place, the fact that you fired them proves you were a racist all along.  Now pay up. 

You can't make this crap up.   Race relations are worse now than they've been in my lifetime.  

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I was eating my cheerios and watching the CBS morning show and they brought on Brian Flores, the recently fired head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

For those that don't know, Flores is African American and fired after having a 10-win season in 2021.  He was brought on to discuss the multi-million dollar lawsuit that he filed yesterday against the NFL, Dolphins, and pretty much anybody else accusing all of "racism."  It's basically the Colin Kapernick lawsuit with the names switched out.  If you'd been paying attention you'd know that Flores was a disgruntled employee in Miami who couldn't work with franchise QB Tua Tagovailoa.  If you skim the pleadings you'll also realize that the coach had a problem with ownership regarding the direction of the team.  He's also included the Broncos org in his lawsuit for not hiring him as well. The NFL, as it puts, is racist.  

I didn't notice where Flores had problem with the fact that AAs millionaires make up the majority of NFL rosters.  I guess he's willing to let that slide....  It's also laughable that of the 9 coaches fired after the season, he was the only one was fired racially, I guess... because the rest weren't black.  

My scenario is this... if you have a position to fill, you don't want to fill it with friends, family, or anybody closely affiliated to anybody we work with... that person becomes untouchable regardless of their performance.  If you hire a client/friend's kid who turns out to be worthless, you can't fire them without damaging your company financially or politically.  It's why a lot of companies don't want to publicize their openings.  

If you have to choose between two candidates and one of which is practically guaranteed to sue you on allegations of racism if it doesn't work out, which one should you hire?

This is what happens when you hire people because of their race.  It doesn't matter that you hired them in the first place, the fact that you fired them proves you were a racist all along.  Now pay up. 

You can't make this crap up.   Race relations are worse now than they've been in my lifetime.  

David culley is black and was fired by texans

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Was Miami racist when they hired him?

A crazy thing about discrimination or representation, it only goes one way.

Going by population and fair representation, blacks should only have 6 players per team.

Even assuming that we exclude whites and stick with just minorities, Asians should have 3 players per team by population. Hispanics should have 7 per team. Where’s the diversity? 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Going by population and fair representation, blacks should only have 6 players per team.

Even assuming that we exclude whites and stick with just minorities, Asians should have 3 players per team by population. Hispanics should have 7 per team. Where’s the diversity? 

Great question. 

57 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I guess that’s my problem.  I have no problem accepting that most of the time, a guy that’s best able to perform on the field in the defensive secondary will be black. I have no problem recognizing that Christian McCaffrey is an racial anomaly at running back. I fully trust that team is putting the best player possible on the field in order to win games… regardless of their race. But when it comes to qbs and coaches, suddenly the inherent racism of the football world rears its ugly head.  

I personally thought that Brian Flores must be a pretty good coach. He earned a shot and was turning the team around based on their improving record. I understood that the Tua situation was possibly being mishandled, but apparently Flores was difficult… I guess a good question is whether or not fighting with ownership is a good way to prolong one’s employment, but apparently that doesn’t matter if one has a race card available to throw on a moment’s notice. 

A racist would have never hired you in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Oops, Texans hire Lovie Smith.  What does Flores say to that?

Flores’ camp literally said that the only reason the Texans hired Lovie Smith over him is because Flores had filed suit against the NFL…. So, in fact, he’s the victim again for standing up against racism. 

This is the hidden content, please

Dude’s just a disgruntled, entitled piece of crap.  

54 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Flores’ camp literally said that the only reason the Texans hired Lovie Smith over him is because Flores had filed suit against the NFL…. So, in fact, he’s the victim again for standing up against racism. 

Kaepertwit reincarnated!

56 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Gotta come up with something when you have used your expired race card.