*West Brook-28 Channelview-14 FINAL/COMMENTS*

Guest WeedBegone

It was a good game for the BRUINS.  They out right own 21-5A which i do believe makes a statement for this area and the East side of Houston.

Channelview offense does have lots of talent however, I believe that WB exposed their defense considerably and then backed off a bit and worked on some different aspects of their game.  Game got very dangerous for the Bruins in the fourth quarter.  I dont like suggesting things that cant be proven, but CV out of frustration appeared to be going for some cheap shots on some of our players.

The QB was shaken up in the backfield after the play was 45 yards upfield .  We hope he is ok. 

The real thing that makes me suspect some cheap shots is how late and flagrant of a shot on Powdrill that was totally away from the action.  That was ridiculous and the Ref was totally stupid to have missed it.

And now i will make my last comment on the incident---I am totally surprised and impressed that Stump maintained his composure when that old fart of a ref got into his face and stomped his feet and had an attitude after missing such an ovious "unnecessary roughness" call.  When a little man gets into a real MANS space such as he did---it takes more of a MAN to not slap his little stupid face.

That Refs tude Pi--ed me OFF. 

Time to start a new thread for WB.  I nominate 82 5A to lead us next week.  All those in favor say EYE?

:)

Congradulation, Brook.  Way to make this city and this area proud.  Ok, time to buckle it down and make a State run.  No more playing around, which has been going on for the last few weeks.  This team is good enough to play with anyone in the state.  Stump, throw that conservative crap out the window.  Let's put these teams away early.  It's enough that we (this area) don't get any respect statewide.  Let's go Brook!!!

well, I wasn't sure what to think about the game when we started.....but as the game went on I noticed the reason for our slow start and not putting more points on the board.......Stump was resting alot of our starters. Christine Michael did not play in the second half, and Jeremy Cooper got some touches in the game....which I think was a good thing. He is finally getting acustomed to the speed of varsity competition and scored his first TD. Jordan Garret also was used at the RB position and did a great job in scoring on a 45 yard run. I definitely have to agree with you, Weed....that old fart ref made me want to punch him in the mouth by not calling the personal foul that was inflicted on Powdrill, then came over to our benches and chewed on our coaches after they yelled because a flag was not thrown. It showed alot of class on Stump's part to not let it get to him. I think we'll be OK in the playoffs though. I still dont think Stump has shown us what this offense is capable of.....I believe we will see more points on the board in the playoffs.....and KUDOS to the WB defense! Our defense is definitely playing up to par. They did a great job of containing CV's RB(#5).....that kid's good! I think it's all gonna come together starting next week, and we'll see what WB can really do. Hopefully we'll make a DEEP playoff run. Here's something to think about.....only 4 times in WB history have the Bruins won 11 games in a season....1982 (11-4-1) State Champions, 1983 (11-1), 1994 (11-2), and 1997 (11-3). Wouldn't it be neat if we were able to win 12 games this year.....If we were to see Katy in the Quarterfinals, we would be 12-1 when we got there. Weed, I'd be honored to lead the charge into the playoffs next week......so jump on the Bruin-Train  ;) everybody, cause we're poised for a long playoff run. South Houston, you're first on the list............ALL ABOARD!

Guest WeedBegone

Eye Eye Captain.  Take us to Stallworth.  I've   we've got your back.  Lets get some more WB fans posting on this forum.  Need to get them away from the Beaumont Enterprise to get the real story.

OMG--We get on the Fricked page 5D as a 9win 1cheap loss championship team in the BIG school 5A category team.  Yet two 4 win 6 loss teams (yes I support them too) get to be the big story of the day.

SETXSPORTSdotCOM is where its at !! 

Sorry folks --too much coffee this morning.  :)

Sorry Trojans...its the end of the road for y'all (Of course I mean South Houston Trojans, not Forest Park Trojans  ;)) Stallworth's grass will be the last thing you'll see and Paw Power will be the last thing you hear next Saturday.  You may be the "mighty trojans" but you've never met the "Battlin' Bruins" before!  Lead on 82 - 5A!

P.S. Why dont' we start a new post for just WB vs South Houston that way visitors can find our posts easier?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43