Memorial vs. Humble Updates/Humble Wins/Kingwood Is In!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man, that's just crazy! the only reason that they're in and not PAM or Channelview, is because they got lucky and beat those two, and Atascocita! If PAM doesn't screw around and lose to KW, then they're in instead of the Mustangs. Need a coaching change over in PA for next year! >:( sorry, scooter!

Im done with that OC, and imma bout done with RT also. We need somebody young and motivated at the helm, not knocking RT but he's not the youngest in the bunch, and that ***censored*** OC, im sorry, but he can kick rocks and go coach at Tarkington, he's not needed in South Jefferson County.  >:(

Humble sends Memorial packing

By Cody Pastorella

The Port Arthur News

HUMBLE -- Memorial's playoff hopes were still alive going into Saturday night's game with Humble.

Just beat the Wildcats for the second year in a row -- that's it. That's all the Titans had to do to advance into the Class 5A playoffs.

Port Arthur's biggest problem was Humble, however.

The Wildcats offense moved the ball for 397 yards, accumulating 18 first downs and scoring at will. Humble's defense allowed the Titans just 150 offensive yards and just five first downs, including zero in the first half.

When the dust settled, the Wildcats owned a 39-17 victory at Turner Field and improved their record to 8-2 overall and 6-1 in District 21-5A.

With the loss, Memorial drops to 4-6 overall and 3-4 in district play.

"Humble was very physical," said Titans head coach Ronnie Thompson. "They were extremely ready. They dominated both sides of the line and really put a lot of pressure on the quarterback. We couldn't move the ball in the first half offensively and that set the tempo. When we finally got something going in the second half, it was way too late.

"It wasn't one of our better nights. They had a good team and I wish them luck."

After Solomon Jones ran back a 69-yard kick return for a touchdown, Memorial held a 7-6 lead for nearly nine minutes of the game and into the second quarter.

The Titans defense stopped Humble on its following two possesions, forcing the Wildcats to turn the ball over once by way of fumble and then Humble had to punt on its second possesion.

Memorial had its opportunities early but could not move the ball.

Then, five seconds into the second quarter, Humble's Jarret Malone scored his second of three touchdowns when he punched in a 5-yard run.

That score put the Wildcats up 12-7 and their lead was never in jeopardy from there.

On Humble's next drive, Malone scored on a 62-yard run that went right through the heart of the Titans defense. That score put Humble up 18-7. Malone finished the night with 199 yards on 20 carries and probably could have run for 200 more.

Then the Wildcats got its passing game in the scoring action.

Like I've always said, passing spread teams are weak.  If you can't and or stop the run consistantly, your team is soft.  Ask Lumberton fans, ask Nederland now.  PAM is soft like Lee and everybody else who can't line up and play physical

Like I've always said, passing spread teams are weak.  If you can't and or stop the run consistantly, your team is soft.  Ask Lumberton fans, ask Nederland now.  PAM is soft like Lee and everybody else who can't line up and play physical

dont anybody else say a thing, 'cause SFA85 is the foremost expert on everything football. He is the "god" of HS football and is never wrong! :P

dont anybody else say a thing, 'cause SFA85 is the foremost expert on everything football. He is the "god" of HS football and is never wrong! :P

Westender, your post tend to drip with juvenille sarcasm often found in the snooty boutiques on Dowlen Rd.  Again, if some of you on the board would do a little research, you will found that I'm often right regarding x's and o's.  But like most females, y'all tend to respond before thinking.....

P. S.  If you don't like my post, disagree but stay out of my pm's

Westender, your post tend to drip with juvenille sarcasm often found in the snooty boutiques on Dowlen Rd.  Again, if some of you on the board would do a little research, you will found that I'm often right regarding x's and o's.  But like most females, y'all tend to respond before thinking.....

P. S.  If you don't like my post, disagree but stay out of my pm's

wow, why are you being such a jerk?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4